Shia LaBeouf is parting ways with the producers of Orphans “due to creative differences” and will not be continuing with the production, according to a statement from the show’s public relations office. The statement adds that a replacement for the role of Treat will be announced shortly. LaBeouf was added to the cast in December in what would have been his first Broadway role. Orphans, by Lyle Kessler and directed by Daniel Sullivan, stars Alec Baldwin and Tom Sturridge in a story about two brothers living in a Philadelphia row house. The production is still scheduled to begin previews March 19 with opening night set for April 7 at the Schoenfeld Theatre.
Shia LaBeouf Exits Broadway’s ‘Orphans’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'