Shia LaBeouf is parting ways with the producers of Orphans “due to creative differences” and will not be continuing with the production, according to a statement from the show’s public relations office. The statement adds that a replacement for the role of Treat will be announced shortly. LaBeouf was added to the cast in December in what would have been his first Broadway role. Orphans, by Lyle Kessler and directed by Daniel Sullivan, stars Alec Baldwin and Tom Sturridge in a story about two brothers living in a Philadelphia row house. The production is still scheduled to begin previews March 19 with opening night set for April 7 at the Schoenfeld Theatre.
Shia LaBeouf Exits Broadway’s ‘Orphans’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company