Shia LaBeouf is parting ways with the producers of Orphans “due to creative differences” and will not be continuing with the production, according to a statement from the show’s public relations office. The statement adds that a replacement for the role of Treat will be announced shortly. LaBeouf was added to the cast in December in what would have been his first Broadway role. Orphans, by Lyle Kessler and directed by Daniel Sullivan, stars Alec Baldwin and Tom Sturridge in a story about two brothers living in a Philadelphia row house. The production is still scheduled to begin previews March 19 with opening night set for April 7 at the Schoenfeld Theatre.
Shia LaBeouf Exits Broadway’s ‘Orphans’
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories