EXCLUSIVE: Save The Last Dance star Sean Patrick Thomas has been cast in the CW’s retooled pilot for the Hunger Games-esque The Selection. He also co-starred in the original Selection pilot last year, and I hear he is the only cast member from last year to return. Set 300 years in the future, The Selection is described as an epic romance centering on a working class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Thomas is reprising his role as Sylvan Santos, the Queen’s close advisor and an expert on all things related to royal etiquette. Warner Bros. TV is producing the pilot, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain based on Kiera Cass’ book. Aimee Teegarden, who played the lead in The Selection last year, also is back this year but as the star of another CW pilot, Oxygen. Thomas, repped by Innovative, recurred on the CW drama Ringer last season.
Sean Patrick Thomas Cast In CW Pilot ‘The Selection’ Reprising Role From Original Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- WABC-TV President & GM Dave Davis Retires From New York Station
- Donald Trump Tweet-Storm: Armed Teachers Good; Assault Weapon Ban Bad
- ‘The Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling’ Trailer: First Look At HBO’s Two-Part Docu On The Comic’s Comic
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89
- SAG-AFTRA Sets Workshop To Train Its Leaders In Sexual Harassment Prevention