EXCLUSIVE: Save The Last Dance star Sean Patrick Thomas has been cast in the CW’s retooled pilot for the Hunger Games-esque The Selection. He also co-starred in the original Selection pilot last year, and I hear he is the only cast member from last year to return. Set 300 years in the future, The Selection is described as an epic romance centering on a working class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Thomas is reprising his role as Sylvan Santos, the Queen’s close advisor and an expert on all things related to royal etiquette. Warner Bros. TV is producing the pilot, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain based on Kiera Cass’ book. Aimee Teegarden, who played the lead in The Selection last year, also is back this year but as the star of another CW pilot, Oxygen. Thomas, repped by Innovative, recurred on the CW drama Ringer last season.
Sean Patrick Thomas Cast In CW Pilot ‘The Selection’ Reprising Role From Original Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…