EXCLUSIVE: Save The Last Dance star Sean Patrick Thomas has been cast in the CW’s retooled pilot for the Hunger Games-esque The Selection. He also co-starred in the original Selection pilot last year, and I hear he is the only cast member from last year to return. Set 300 years in the future, The Selection is described as an epic romance centering on a working class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Thomas is reprising his role as Sylvan Santos, the Queen’s close advisor and an expert on all things related to royal etiquette. Warner Bros. TV is producing the pilot, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain based on Kiera Cass’ book. Aimee Teegarden, who played the lead in The Selection last year, also is back this year but as the star of another CW pilot, Oxygen. Thomas, repped by Innovative, recurred on the CW drama Ringer last season.
Sean Patrick Thomas Cast In CW Pilot ‘The Selection’ Reprising Role From Original Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Viceland Taps Marc Liepis As VP Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere