EXCLUSIVE: Save The Last Dance star Sean Patrick Thomas has been cast in the CW’s retooled pilot for the Hunger Games-esque The Selection. He also co-starred in the original Selection pilot last year, and I hear he is the only cast member from last year to return. Set 300 years in the future, The Selection is described as an epic romance centering on a working class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Thomas is reprising his role as Sylvan Santos, the Queen’s close advisor and an expert on all things related to royal etiquette. Warner Bros. TV is producing the pilot, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain based on Kiera Cass’ book. Aimee Teegarden, who played the lead in The Selection last year, also is back this year but as the star of another CW pilot, Oxygen. Thomas, repped by Innovative, recurred on the CW drama Ringer last season.
Sean Patrick Thomas Cast In CW Pilot ‘The Selection’ Reprising Role From Original Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'