Ryan Gosling‘s directorial debut is gearing up for a May start in Detroit with his Drive co-star Christina Hendricks playing a single mother of two in the fantasy noir. Gosling wrote the script for How To Catch A Monster and has added cast with Saoirse Ronan, Matt Smith, Eva Mendes and Ben Mendelsohn now aboard. Sierra/Affinity is handling international sales here at the EFM. The story is set against the dreamscape of a vanishing city where Hendricks’ character gets swept into a macabre fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Marc Platt and Adam Siegel are producing via Marc Platt Productions along with Gosling via his Phantasma Films and Michel Litvak and David Lancaster via Bold Films. Ronan is repped by CAA and Macfarlane Chard. Mendes and Mendelsohn are represented by CAA. Smith is repped by UTA.
Berlin: Saoirse Ronan Joins Ryan Gosling’s ‘How To Catch A Monster’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2