Ryan Gosling‘s directorial debut is gearing up for a May start in Detroit with his Drive co-star Christina Hendricks playing a single mother of two in the fantasy noir. Gosling wrote the script for How To Catch A Monster and has added cast with Saoirse Ronan, Matt Smith, Eva Mendes and Ben Mendelsohn now aboard. Sierra/Affinity is handling international sales here at the EFM. The story is set against the dreamscape of a vanishing city where Hendricks’ character gets swept into a macabre fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Marc Platt and Adam Siegel are producing via Marc Platt Productions along with Gosling via his Phantasma Films and Michel Litvak and David Lancaster via Bold Films. Ronan is repped by CAA and Macfarlane Chard. Mendes and Mendelsohn are represented by CAA. Smith is repped by UTA.
Berlin: Saoirse Ronan Joins Ryan Gosling’s ‘How To Catch A Monster’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival