Ryan Gosling‘s directorial debut is gearing up for a May start in Detroit with his Drive co-star Christina Hendricks playing a single mother of two in the fantasy noir. Gosling wrote the script for How To Catch A Monster and has added cast with Saoirse Ronan, Matt Smith, Eva Mendes and Ben Mendelsohn now aboard. Sierra/Affinity is handling international sales here at the EFM. The story is set against the dreamscape of a vanishing city where Hendricks’ character gets swept into a macabre fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Marc Platt and Adam Siegel are producing via Marc Platt Productions along with Gosling via his Phantasma Films and Michel Litvak and David Lancaster via Bold Films. Ronan is repped by CAA and Macfarlane Chard. Mendes and Mendelsohn are represented by CAA. Smith is repped by UTA.
Berlin: Saoirse Ronan Joins Ryan Gosling’s ‘How To Catch A Monster’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Kristin Scott Thomas Crowned Queen For New West End Run Of 'The Audience'
- Wild Bunch Opens Window On Pan-European Digital Distribution: AFM
- Sony Posts Wider Q2 Loss, Beats Estimates On Strong PlayStation4 Sales
- Bette Midler Wings Way To First UK TV Special; ITV To Feature Songs & Sit-Down
- Alex Garland's 'Ex Machina' Gives New Life To Artificial Intelligence: Hot Trailer
- Undaunted, Hong Kong Stars Court China Ire With Occupy Central Support