Ryan Gosling‘s directorial debut is gearing up for a May start in Detroit with his Drive co-star Christina Hendricks playing a single mother of two in the fantasy noir. Gosling wrote the script for How To Catch A Monster and has added cast with Saoirse Ronan, Matt Smith, Eva Mendes and Ben Mendelsohn now aboard. Sierra/Affinity is handling international sales here at the EFM. The story is set against the dreamscape of a vanishing city where Hendricks’ character gets swept into a macabre fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Marc Platt and Adam Siegel are producing via Marc Platt Productions along with Gosling via his Phantasma Films and Michel Litvak and David Lancaster via Bold Films. Ronan is repped by CAA and Macfarlane Chard. Mendes and Mendelsohn are represented by CAA. Smith is repped by UTA.
Berlin: Saoirse Ronan Joins Ryan Gosling’s ‘How To Catch A Monster’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts