Rupert Murdoch this week sold voting shares in News Corp worth about $40.1 million, according to an SEC filing reported today by the company’s Wall Street Journal. The sale reduced the chairman/CEO’s stake by only a fraction of a percent. Murdoch sold 1.396 million class B shares on Wednesday for $28.72 each. Today the shares hit an all time high of $29.34. B shares have gained nearly 45% over the past year. Murdoch and members of his family own nearly 40% of News Corp.’s voting shares, most of them through a family trust. The shares sold this week were held by a different Murdoch trust, reducing its stake to 9.25 million shares from 10.6 million shares. Overall the Murdoch family’s voting stake dropped to 39.6% from 39.7%.
Rupert Murdoch Sells $40.1M In News Stock
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'