Rupert Murdoch this week sold voting shares in News Corp worth about $40.1 million, according to an SEC filing reported today by the company’s Wall Street Journal. The sale reduced the chairman/CEO’s stake by only a fraction of a percent. Murdoch sold 1.396 million class B shares on Wednesday for $28.72 each. Today the shares hit an all time high of $29.34. B shares have gained nearly 45% over the past year. Murdoch and members of his family own nearly 40% of News Corp.’s voting shares, most of them through a family trust. The shares sold this week were held by a different Murdoch trust, reducing its stake to 9.25 million shares from 10.6 million shares. Overall the Murdoch family’s voting stake dropped to 39.6% from 39.7%.
Rupert Murdoch Sells $40.1M In News Stock
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV