Rupert Murdoch this week sold voting shares in News Corp worth about $40.1 million, according to an SEC filing reported today by the company’s Wall Street Journal. The sale reduced the chairman/CEO’s stake by only a fraction of a percent. Murdoch sold 1.396 million class B shares on Wednesday for $28.72 each. Today the shares hit an all time high of $29.34. B shares have gained nearly 45% over the past year. Murdoch and members of his family own nearly 40% of News Corp.’s voting shares, most of them through a family trust. The shares sold this week were held by a different Murdoch trust, reducing its stake to 9.25 million shares from 10.6 million shares. Overall the Murdoch family’s voting stake dropped to 39.6% from 39.7%.
Rupert Murdoch Sells $40.1M In News Stock
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Emma Thompson Slings Meat Pies As 'Sweeney Todd' Launches Commercial Partnership With English National Opera
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run