Rupert Murdoch this week sold voting shares in News Corp worth about $40.1 million, according to an SEC filing reported today by the company’s Wall Street Journal. The sale reduced the chairman/CEO’s stake by only a fraction of a percent. Murdoch sold 1.396 million class B shares on Wednesday for $28.72 each. Today the shares hit an all time high of $29.34. B shares have gained nearly 45% over the past year. Murdoch and members of his family own nearly 40% of News Corp.’s voting shares, most of them through a family trust. The shares sold this week were held by a different Murdoch trust, reducing its stake to 9.25 million shares from 10.6 million shares. Overall the Murdoch family’s voting stake dropped to 39.6% from 39.7%.
Rupert Murdoch Sells $40.1M In News Stock
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Douglas Smith Joins Jessica Chastain’s Team In ‘Miss Sloane’
- Dev Patel & Armie Hammer In Negotiations For Mumbai Siege Pic ‘Hotel Mumbai’ – Berlin
- ‘Batman V Superman’ Final Trailer: Batman (Featuring Superman)?
- George Clooney, Coens Grilled On Political Issues At Heated ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Panel – Berlin
- Berlin: Intense Competition For Top-Tier Titles Leaves Indie Buyers Facing Uncertain Future