Robin Sachs, best known for his role in the long-running TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, has died at age 61. He passed away on February 1st, four days before his 62nd birthday, according to his website which announced his death on Tuesday. “This is a post we never thought we would have to write,” the post reads. “It is with great sadness that we have to announce the sudden and unexpected passing of Robin Sachs.” Born in London, Sachs’ first role was with the British Hammer film studio in the movie Vampire Circus. His other feature work includes The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Oceans Eleven, North Fork and Ravager. Sachs appeared in numerous TV series over the years, but his most memorable role was as Ethan Rayne, arch rival to Giles, Buffy’s mentor in Buffy The Vampire Slayer starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. His other TV work includes the role of Adam Carrington in the 1991 miniseries Dynasty: The Reunion. He also appeared in Murder, She Wrote, Walker, Texas Ranger, Sponge Bob Square Pants, and most recently NCIS and Castle. Sachs also did voice work for several video games including Mass Effect, Resident Evil: Damnation and Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic.
R.I.P. Robin Sachs
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production