Robert Pattinson is in for a dusty South Australian shoot with Animal Kingdom director David Michôd, who began filming the slow-burn thriller last Tuesday. Pattinson, who completed his Edward Cullen vampire duties in November with The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II, stars alongside Guy Pearce in The Rover as Reynolds, a member of a gang of thieves who is left behind after a botched job. Pearce plays Eric, who enlists Reynolds to help track down his car when it’s stolen by the thugs. Australian actors Susan Prior (Animal Kingdom), Gillian Jones (Oscar And Lucinda), and David Field (Chopper) join Pattinson, Pearce, Scoot McNairy, and Anthony Hayes in the pic, written by Michôd from a story by Michôd and Zero Dark Thirty actor Joel Edgerton. Liz Watts is producing for Porchlight Films and David Linde for Lava Bear Films. FilmNation took most global rights and will rep the film on U.S. sales with UTA Independent Film Group.
Three Join Robert Pattinson In David Michôd Thriller ‘The Rover’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Four Join 'One & Two' For Sundance Winning 'Rich Hill' Director; 'Total Frat Movie' Taps Tom Green
- Hot Trailer: Jean Dujardin Takes On French Drug Mafia In 'The Connection'
- Lionsgate Horror Hit 'Saw' Set For 10th Anniversary Re-release
- Walden Media, TWC Pledge Partial 'Giver' Proceeds To Literacy
- 'Nightcrawler' To Close Fantastic Fest 2014; 'John Wick' Joins Lineup