Robert Pattinson is in for a dusty South Australian shoot with Animal Kingdom director David Michôd, who began filming the slow-burn thriller last Tuesday. Pattinson, who completed his Edward Cullen vampire duties in November with The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II, stars alongside Guy Pearce in The Rover as Reynolds, a member of a gang of thieves who is left behind after a botched job. Pearce plays Eric, who enlists Reynolds to help track down his car when it’s stolen by the thugs. Australian actors Susan Prior (Animal Kingdom), Gillian Jones (Oscar And Lucinda), and David Field (Chopper) join Pattinson, Pearce, Scoot McNairy, and Anthony Hayes in the pic, written by Michôd from a story by Michôd and Zero Dark Thirty actor Joel Edgerton. Liz Watts is producing for Porchlight Films and David Linde for Lava Bear Films. FilmNation took most global rights and will rep the film on U.S. sales with UTA Independent Film Group.
Three Join Robert Pattinson In David Michôd Thriller ‘The Rover’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald