Robert Pattinson is in for a dusty South Australian shoot with Animal Kingdom director David Michôd, who began filming the slow-burn thriller last Tuesday. Pattinson, who completed his Edward Cullen vampire duties in November with The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II, stars alongside Guy Pearce in The Rover as Reynolds, a member of a gang of thieves who is left behind after a botched job. Pearce plays Eric, who enlists Reynolds to help track down his car when it’s stolen by the thugs. Australian actors Susan Prior (Animal Kingdom), Gillian Jones (Oscar And Lucinda), and David Field (Chopper) join Pattinson, Pearce, Scoot McNairy, and Anthony Hayes in the pic, written by Michôd from a story by Michôd and Zero Dark Thirty actor Joel Edgerton. Liz Watts is producing for Porchlight Films and David Linde for Lava Bear Films. FilmNation took most global rights and will rep the film on U.S. sales with UTA Independent Film Group.
Three Join Robert Pattinson In David Michôd Thriller ‘The Rover’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Marketer Apologizes For “Headless Day” Promo After Beheading Of Second U.S. Journalist
- Alex Kurtzman's Secret Hideout Inks 3-Year Universal Deal
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'