Ricky Gervais is dusting off his David Brent persona in support of Comic Relief. The character, created by Gervais and Stephen Merchant for their original UK version of The Office, hasn’t been seen in ten years (save for a brief cameo appearance by Gervais on one of Steve Carell’s last episodes of the U.S. The Office). Gervais wrote on his blog “I thought it was time to revisit my most famous comedy creation to find out what he’s been up to for the last decade and most importantly what he’s up to now.” A mini-episode entitled The Office Revisited will show that Brent has not given up his dream of making it in the music business. The documentary crew find him selling cleaning products to anywhere “with toilets, floors and staircases.” But he’s also managing acts and living vicariously through a young performer, Dom Johnson. According to Gervais, “Fans of The Office will be excited to know we finally get to hear the whole of ‘The Serpent Who Guards The Gates Of Hell’ and an amazingly cringeworthy, self-funded video ‘Equality Street’. Horrendous.” The Office Revisited will be shown as part of the UK’s Red Nose Day telethon on March 15 on BBC One. There’s a teaser below, but to see the (embed-disabled) trailer, hop over to You Tube.
Ricky Gervais To Revive ‘The Office’s David Brent For Charity Telethon
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Penelope Cruz To Star In Adaptation Of Lisa Zeidner Novel ‘Layover’ – Cannes
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- Alicia Vikander Cast As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $14.9M On Day One Overseas
- STX Boards ‘Mr Robot’ Creator Sam Esmail’s ‘Sequels, Remakes & Adaptations’
- ‘Minute To Win It’s Smart Dog Media Bringing China’s ‘Super Combat Teams’ To U.S.