Ricky Gervais is dusting off his David Brent persona in support of Comic Relief. The character, created by Gervais and Stephen Merchant for their original UK version of The Office, hasn’t been seen in ten years (save for a brief cameo appearance by Gervais on one of Steve Carell’s last episodes of the U.S. The Office). Gervais wrote on his blog “I thought it was time to revisit my most famous comedy creation to find out what he’s been up to for the last decade and most importantly what he’s up to now.” A mini-episode entitled The Office Revisited will show that Brent has not given up his dream of making it in the music business. The documentary crew find him selling cleaning products to anywhere “with toilets, floors and staircases.” But he’s also managing acts and living vicariously through a young performer, Dom Johnson. According to Gervais, “Fans of The Office will be excited to know we finally get to hear the whole of ‘The Serpent Who Guards The Gates Of Hell’ and an amazingly cringeworthy, self-funded video ‘Equality Street’. Horrendous.” The Office Revisited will be shown as part of the UK’s Red Nose Day telethon on March 15 on BBC One. There’s a teaser below, but to see the (embed-disabled) trailer, hop over to You Tube.
Ricky Gervais To Revive ‘The Office’s David Brent For Charity Telethon
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest International News
- New Regency, BBC Films Breathe Life Into Buzz Horror ‘His House’ As Weinstein Co. Set To Drop Lawsuit
- Gunman Killed, Multiple Deaths In French Hostage Incident – Update
- ‘Shape of Water’ Star Michael Stuhlbarg & ‘Friday Night Lights’ Matt Lauria Join C4’s ‘Jerusalem…
- Former BBC & FA Boss Greg Dyke To Replace Mike Leigh As Chairman Of London Film School
- Donald Trump Sacks National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster; FNC Analyst John Bolton To Replace
- ‘Annihilation’ Targets Spring Theatrical Release In China