Ricky Gervais is dusting off his David Brent persona in support of Comic Relief. The character, created by Gervais and Stephen Merchant for their original UK version of The Office, hasn’t been seen in ten years (save for a brief cameo appearance by Gervais on one of Steve Carell’s last episodes of the U.S. The Office). Gervais wrote on his blog “I thought it was time to revisit my most famous comedy creation to find out what he’s been up to for the last decade and most importantly what he’s up to now.” A mini-episode entitled The Office Revisited will show that Brent has not given up his dream of making it in the music business. The documentary crew find him selling cleaning products to anywhere “with toilets, floors and staircases.” But he’s also managing acts and living vicariously through a young performer, Dom Johnson. According to Gervais, “Fans of The Office will be excited to know we finally get to hear the whole of ‘The Serpent Who Guards The Gates Of Hell’ and an amazingly cringeworthy, self-funded video ‘Equality Street’. Horrendous.” The Office Revisited will be shown as part of the UK’s Red Nose Day telethon on March 15 on BBC One. There’s a teaser below, but to see the (embed-disabled) trailer, hop over to You Tube.
Ricky Gervais To Revive ‘The Office’s David Brent For Charity Telethon
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…