Two weeks after its U.S. parent filed for Chapter 11 reorganization, a new Rhythm & Hues facility is on course to open in Taiwan, according to Rhythm & Hues Studios Taiwan Co. manager Mike Yang. The exec told Taiwan’s Central News Agency that the new outpost will open in Kaohsiung by the end of March. A 2,640-square-meter facility is in the final stage of construction and is expected to provide space to over 200 local and foreign artists and instructors over the next five years. “Actually, all the studios, including in Los Angeles and at four other locations, are operating,” Yang said, adding that more than 10 parties have expressed interest in a merger or an acquisition of the group. Yang also told the news agency that R&H is looking to expand its business in Canada and Southeast Asia. “I’m sure we can get through the difficulties, as we are still one of the tops in this industry,” he said. On Sunday, Taiwan-born Ang Lee won the Best Director Academy Award for Life Of Pi, on which Rhythm & Hues collaborated.
Rhythm & Hues Facility To Open In Taiwan By Late March: Report
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…