What News Corp COO Chase Carey recently called the “world’s worst kept secret” – Fox’s still-unannounced plans to turn its Speed channel into a national general sports network called Fox Sports 1 — just became a little less mysterious. In response to a question on CNBC about reports that he’ll host a show on the new service, Regis Philbin said “all I can tell you is this: There’ll be a major announcement coming out next Tuesday.” Well, what do you know? The Fox Sports Media Group has an upfront presentation scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. Anyone want to put odds on what Fox will announce? Sports Business Daily reported that Philbin was negotiating to lead a panel, much like Barbara Walters’ The View, that will focus on sports.
Regis Philbin Promises “Major Announcement” With Fox Sports Next Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Lieberman
- Why Wall Street Remains Wary About Viacom
- Are Advertisers Getting Ready To Leave The Super Bowl Party?
- Univision Extends CEO Randy Falco’s Contract To 2018
- Nickelodeon Developing A Direct-To-Consumer Subscription Service
- Viacom Q4 Revenues Miss Expectations With 6% Drop In U.S. Ad Sales
- NBC (Finally) Sells Out Super Bowl Ad Inventory