Rebecca Serle, whose debut young adult novel When You Were Mine sold to Simon & Schuster and then Fox 2000 and (500) Days Of Summer scribes Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber, has just landed a big publishing deal for her second novel creation. It’s an untitled three book series that got a North American publishing deal from Poppy, the imprint from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Farrin Jacobs is overseeing the book. They are keeping the log line under wraps, but I’ve heard it deals with a young actress who gets caught up in romance and the swirl of social media after she is plucked from obscurity to star in a Twilight-like film franchise. The film and TV rights will be shopped by Dan Farah of Farah Films & Management who made the book deal with Serle’s publishing agent Mollie Glick of Foundry Literary + Media. The film adaptation of When You Were Mine has been retitled Rosaline, and is being produced by Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps.
Rebecca Serle Sells YA Novel Series To Poppy/Little,Brown
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump