Character actor Lou Myers, best known for his role as the feisty Mr. Gaines on the NBC sitcom A Different World, has died. A spokesperson for Myers’ nonprofit Global Business Incubation tells The Associated Press Myers died Tuesday night at a hospital in West Virginia. He was 76. Myers appeared in several TV shows including NYPD Blue, ER, Touched By An Angel and The Cosby Show, but it was his role on The Cosby Show-spinoff A Different World that he is best remembered. He appeared on the show for five seasons, until it ended in 1993. Myers also had supporting roles in several films including, Tin Cup, How Stella Got Her Groove Back and Wedding Planner. He also appeared on Broadway in Oprah Winfrey’s production of The Color Purple and won an NAACP Image award for best actor for his role in August Wilson’s play King Hedley II.
R.I.P. Lou Myers
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Adds Ezra Miller’s The Flash To Mix
- Chris Evans Circling Lead Role In Lionsgate’s ‘Jekyll’
- Eddie Murphy’s ‘Mr. Church’ Gets Fall Release Date
- Paul Greengrass On Setting Up Jason Bourne For More Sequels, Jimi Hendrix