Bonni Allen, longtime talent representative, casting director and producer, died February 20 after battling cancer. She was 52. Allen represented a number of film, television and Broadway actors over the years including Nancy Opel and Teresa Parente. She turned to casting directing full-time after her client Jason Alexander was cast as George Costanza in the hit TV sitcom Seinfeld. She was also one of the first executives hired by cable television network Studio M/Weberworks. As Creative Executive In charge Of Acquisition & Development of New Projects and Casting, she worked with some of Hollywood’s major producers, including Jonathan Sanger, Lawrence Gordon, Steven Soderbergh, The Farrelly Brothers and Penny Marshall. She later returned to working as a personal manager partnering with Marrissa O’Leary to form allen + o’leary management, where her clients included Lauralee Bell, Greg Roman, Jonathan Fraser, and Nick Baillie.
R.I.P. Bonni Allen
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks