Bonni Allen, longtime talent representative, casting director and producer, died February 20 after battling cancer. She was 52. Allen represented a number of film, television and Broadway actors over the years including Nancy Opel and Teresa Parente. She turned to casting directing full-time after her client Jason Alexander was cast as George Costanza in the hit TV sitcom Seinfeld. She was also one of the first executives hired by cable television network Studio M/Weberworks. As Creative Executive In charge Of Acquisition & Development of New Projects and Casting, she worked with some of Hollywood’s major producers, including Jonathan Sanger, Lawrence Gordon, Steven Soderbergh, The Farrelly Brothers and Penny Marshall. She later returned to working as a personal manager partnering with Marrissa O’Leary to form allen + o’leary management, where her clients included Lauralee Bell, Greg Roman, Jonathan Fraser, and Nick Baillie.
R.I.P. Bonni Allen
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'