The seventh-season premiere of USA Network‘s Psych last night delivered 2.9 million viewers and was up in all key demos compared with its Season 6 bow. In the first episode of what is likely the dramedy’s second-to-last season (in December it was renewed for an eight-episode Season 8), Psych‘s viewership grew 20% over last year’s February bow and topped all Season 6 episodes. It also was watched by 1.3 million adults 18-49, (up 22%), 1.2 million adults 25-54 (+17%) and 723,000 adults 18-34 (+20%). The series about a faux psychic and his best friend who work for the Santa Barbara Police Department is also a big draw on social media, with the network touting record activity during last night’s premiere.
‘Psych’ Season Premiere Ratings Up Over Last Year
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'