The seventh-season premiere of USA Network‘s Psych last night delivered 2.9 million viewers and was up in all key demos compared with its Season 6 bow. In the first episode of what is likely the dramedy’s second-to-last season (in December it was renewed for an eight-episode Season 8), Psych‘s viewership grew 20% over last year’s February bow and topped all Season 6 episodes. It also was watched by 1.3 million adults 18-49, (up 22%), 1.2 million adults 25-54 (+17%) and 723,000 adults 18-34 (+20%). The series about a faux psychic and his best friend who work for the Santa Barbara Police Department is also a big draw on social media, with the network touting record activity during last night’s premiere.
‘Psych’ Season Premiere Ratings Up Over Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'