In his new position, Andrew Russell will share in the development of the overall strategic, programming and financial direction of the Costa Mesa-based station. He will report to PBS SoCal President and CEO Mel Rogers. He begins early next month. In his more than 18 years of experience with PBS and and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), Russell shaped PBS’ primetime, led the creation of Ready-to-Learn service for pre-school children, and grew PBS revenues as leader of PBS Ventures. Russell currently serves as SVP, PBS Strategy and Research, where he is a member of the Core Management team responsible for content strategy, PBS system transitions, restructuring research operations, and overall key system strategic initiatives. From 2007-2010, Russell was SVP, PBS Ventures, working with DVD and digital distribution of PBS programs, corporate sponsorships, e-commerce websites, PBS mobile app businesses and the first subscription service, PBS KIDS Play. Before that, Russell served as SVP, Media, at CPB in Washington, D.C., worked as a consultant with the firm Accenture and at CPB in station development and policy planning.
PBS SoCal Names Andrew Russell COO
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?