In his new position, Andrew Russell will share in the development of the overall strategic, programming and financial direction of the Costa Mesa-based station. He will report to PBS SoCal President and CEO Mel Rogers. He begins early next month. In his more than 18 years of experience with PBS and and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), Russell shaped PBS’ primetime, led the creation of Ready-to-Learn service for pre-school children, and grew PBS revenues as leader of PBS Ventures. Russell currently serves as SVP, PBS Strategy and Research, where he is a member of the Core Management team responsible for content strategy, PBS system transitions, restructuring research operations, and overall key system strategic initiatives. From 2007-2010, Russell was SVP, PBS Ventures, working with DVD and digital distribution of PBS programs, corporate sponsorships, e-commerce websites, PBS mobile app businesses and the first subscription service, PBS KIDS Play. Before that, Russell served as SVP, Media, at CPB in Washington, D.C., worked as a consultant with the firm Accenture and at CPB in station development and policy planning.
PBS SoCal Names Andrew Russell COO
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company