EXCLUSIVE: Paul Bettany is in negotiations to star opposite Johnny Depp in Transcendence, the Alcon Entertainment film that marks the directing debut of Wally Pfister, Christopher Nolan’s cinematographer on Inception and many other films. Alcon partners Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are producing, and Nolan and Emma Thomas are exec producers. The film was scripted by Jack Paglen and the plot is being kept under wraps. The film will start production in the spring, and Bettany will play a scientist. Warner Bros is distributing. Next up for Bettany is Iron Man 3 (he provides the voice of Tony Stark’s computer Jarvis), and he stars in the thriller Blood with Mark Strong. He was last seen in The Avengers and Margin Call. Bettany is repped by UTA, Affirmative Entertainment, and Independent Talent Group. His UK manager is 42 M&P’s Kate Buckley-Sharma.
Paul Bettany Joins Johnny Depp in Wally Pfister’s ‘Transcendence’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism