EXCLUSIVE: Panorama Media, the production, finance and sales entity backed by Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures, has boarded road trip drama Mississippi Grind. Half Nelson duo Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are directing from their own script with Jake Gyllenhaal and Ben Mendelsohn starring. The pair play unlikely gamblers on a winning streak who head to New Orleans and along the way encounter old flames, loan sharks and some bad bets, but ultimately discover what’s really important in their lives. I understand Emmett/Furla are financing the roughly $10M pic which Gyllenhaal is producing along with Jamie Patricof and Lynette Howell of Electric Entertainment and John Lesher of Le Grisbi Productions. Randall Emmett and George Furla will also be involved in a producing capacity. Shooting starts in the spring and Panorama will kick off sales at the EFM in Berlin next week.
Panorama Media To Proffer Jake Gyllenhaal-Starrer ‘Mississippi Grind’ In Berlin
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast