EXCLUSIVE: Panorama Media, the production, finance and sales entity backed by Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures, has boarded road trip drama Mississippi Grind. Half Nelson duo Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are directing from their own script with Jake Gyllenhaal and Ben Mendelsohn starring. The pair play unlikely gamblers on a winning streak who head to New Orleans and along the way encounter old flames, loan sharks and some bad bets, but ultimately discover what’s really important in their lives. I understand Emmett/Furla are financing the roughly $10M pic which Gyllenhaal is producing along with Jamie Patricof and Lynette Howell of Electric Entertainment and John Lesher of Le Grisbi Productions. Randall Emmett and George Furla will also be involved in a producing capacity. Shooting starts in the spring and Panorama will kick off sales at the EFM in Berlin next week.
Panorama Media To Proffer Jake Gyllenhaal-Starrer ‘Mississippi Grind’ In Berlin
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2