EXCLUSIVE: Panorama Media, the production, finance and sales entity backed by Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures, has boarded road trip drama Mississippi Grind. Half Nelson duo Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are directing from their own script with Jake Gyllenhaal and Ben Mendelsohn starring. The pair play unlikely gamblers on a winning streak who head to New Orleans and along the way encounter old flames, loan sharks and some bad bets, but ultimately discover what’s really important in their lives. I understand Emmett/Furla are financing the roughly $10M pic which Gyllenhaal is producing along with Jamie Patricof and Lynette Howell of Electric Entertainment and John Lesher of Le Grisbi Productions. Randall Emmett and George Furla will also be involved in a producing capacity. Shooting starts in the spring and Panorama will kick off sales at the EFM in Berlin next week.
Panorama Media To Proffer Jake Gyllenhaal-Starrer ‘Mississippi Grind’ In Berlin
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward