On Sunday you read Nikki Finke’s live-snark of the Oscars, which staked out a fairly clear position on how she felt about the show (sample: “How can everyone associated with tonight have such awful taste in material?”). Here’s an alternate view by Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond (spoiler alert: he liked host Seth MacFarlane AND the musical numbers, though not so much the speeches) as he and ENTV host Brian Corsetti wrap up Sunday’s results and a very, very long awards season.
OSCARS: Pete Hammond’s Nice-Snark
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Get Out’ Director Jordan Peele: Scaring Up Racial Dialogue By Fusing Genre With Polemic
- Bryan Cranston Talks ‘Last Flag Flying’ And His Upcoming Turn As Howard Beale In ‘Network’ On The…
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process
- Peter Bart: First-Time Directors Are Stealing The Awards-Season Sizzle
- ‘The Breadwinner’ Director Nora Twomey On Life In An Imbalanced Society: “Inequality Hurts Everyone”
- Michael Stuhlbarg Plays The Parent Everyone Wishes They Had In ‘Call Me By Your Name’