The Academy and Disney/ABC Television Group’s Digital Media team today announced the hosts for their ‘Backstage Pass’ on Oscar.com and the official Oscars app. Hosts and correspondents include: returning co-hosts, ABC The View’s Sherri Shepherd and ABC soap star Cameron Mathison, plus ABC Modern Family’s Rico Rodriquez, Entertainment Weekly’s Jess Cagle, and People’s Peter Castro. The Backstage Pass will also debut a multimedia first-ever Red Carpet Digital Lounge anchored by Radio Disney’s Jake Whetter, Popsugar’s Allison McNamara, and Mashable’s Brian Anthony Hernandaz. The Oscars Backstage Pass features more than 20 live cameras placed on the Red Carpet and throughout the backstage area of the Dolby Theatre during the telecast. They will capture sound bites, backstage action, short interviews and behind-the-scenes footage. On Oscar Sunday, the Backstage Pass feature goes live from the Red Carpet to the end of the show. Oscars for outstanding film achievements of 2012 will be presented on February 24 at the Dolby Theatre hosted by Seth MacFarlane live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries worldwide.
OSCARS: Academy Sets Backstage Hosts
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Drama Series
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Drama Series
- ADG Awards: Art Directors Guild Draws Up New Category For Animated Feature Production Design
- Nicole Kidman On ‘Big Little Lies’, Kubrick And Taking Chances: “I Don't Approach Things From That Safe Place”…
- Gordon Ramsay Discusses Process Of Identifying And Elevating Young Talent On 'MasterChef Junior'
- PHOTOS: Gordon Ramsay Hosts Exquisite “For Your Children” Event In Support Of ‘MasterChef Junior’