Nicolas Cage has signed on to Tokarev, playing the lead role of Paul Maguire in the thriller. Tokarev tells the tale of Maguire, a former crook trying to find his daughter’s kidnappers and avoid falling back into his past. Spain’s Paco Cabezas is slated to make his North American directorial debut with the Hannibal Classics film from a screenplay by Jim Agnew and Sean Keller. Hannibal’s Richard Rionda Del Castro will produce with North by Northwest Entertainment. Cage, Patricia Eberle, Richard Salvatore, Mike Nilon, Hayley Magouirk, Jim Agnew, Sean Keller, Cam Cannon, David Milner and Martin J. Barab are executive producing. Hannibal Classics is handling worldwide sales and is selling the film in Berlin. Cabezas is repped by WME and Echo Lake Entertainment. Cage is repped by CAA and Kritzer Levine Wilkins Griffin.
Berlin: Nicolas Cage Joins Thriller ‘Tokarev’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle