Nickelodeon has given a 13-episode order to superhero family comedy pilot The Thundermans. As part of the pickup, the network has recast one of the two leads, with Jack Griffo replacing Tyler Peterson who played the part in the pilot. Created by Jed Spingarn, the show is about The Thundermans, a typical suburban family that happens to have astounding superpowers. At the center of the action are the 14-year-old Thunderman twins (Griffo, Kira Kosarin), who share the same bathroom, the same school, and the same annoying little siblings. Their only difference? The sister is a super student with a super sunny disposition who super looks forward to being a superhero someday, and her twin brother is a super villain. Rosa Blasi and Chris Tallman play the parents; Diego Velazquez and Addison Riecke also co-star. This marks the third pilot from Nickelodeon’s most recent batch of pilots to get a series order, following Sam & Cat and The Haunted Hathaways, which both were picked up for 20 episodes. Griffo is repped by LB Talent Agency and AEF.
Nickelodeon Pilot ‘The Thundermans’ Picked Up To Series, A Young Lead Recast
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Fusion Exposes Global Food Truths In Lightbox-Produced Doc Series
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot