Nickelodeon has given a 13-episode order to superhero family comedy pilot The Thundermans. As part of the pickup, the network has recast one of the two leads, with Jack Griffo replacing Tyler Peterson who played the part in the pilot. Created by Jed Spingarn, the show is about The Thundermans, a typical suburban family that happens to have astounding superpowers. At the center of the action are the 14-year-old Thunderman twins (Griffo, Kira Kosarin), who share the same bathroom, the same school, and the same annoying little siblings. Their only difference? The sister is a super student with a super sunny disposition who super looks forward to being a superhero someday, and her twin brother is a super villain. Rosa Blasi and Chris Tallman play the parents; Diego Velazquez and Addison Riecke also co-star. This marks the third pilot from Nickelodeon’s most recent batch of pilots to get a series order, following Sam & Cat and The Haunted Hathaways, which both were picked up for 20 episodes. Griffo is repped by LB Talent Agency and AEF.
Nickelodeon Pilot ‘The Thundermans’ Picked Up To Series, A Young Lead Recast
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks