Nickelodeon has given a 13-episode order to superhero family comedy pilot The Thundermans. As part of the pickup, the network has recast one of the two leads, with Jack Griffo replacing Tyler Peterson who played the part in the pilot. Created by Jed Spingarn, the show is about The Thundermans, a typical suburban family that happens to have astounding superpowers. At the center of the action are the 14-year-old Thunderman twins (Griffo, Kira Kosarin), who share the same bathroom, the same school, and the same annoying little siblings. Their only difference? The sister is a super student with a super sunny disposition who super looks forward to being a superhero someday, and her twin brother is a super villain. Rosa Blasi and Chris Tallman play the parents; Diego Velazquez and Addison Riecke also co-star. This marks the third pilot from Nickelodeon’s most recent batch of pilots to get a series order, following Sam & Cat and The Haunted Hathaways, which both were picked up for 20 episodes. Griffo is repped by LB Talent Agency and AEF.
Nickelodeon Pilot ‘The Thundermans’ Picked Up To Series, A Young Lead Recast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over