Nickelodeon has given a 13-episode order to superhero family comedy pilot The Thundermans. As part of the pickup, the network has recast one of the two leads, with Jack Griffo replacing Tyler Peterson who played the part in the pilot. Created by Jed Spingarn, the show is about The Thundermans, a typical suburban family that happens to have astounding superpowers. At the center of the action are the 14-year-old Thunderman twins (Griffo, Kira Kosarin), who share the same bathroom, the same school, and the same annoying little siblings. Their only difference? The sister is a super student with a super sunny disposition who super looks forward to being a superhero someday, and her twin brother is a super villain. Rosa Blasi and Chris Tallman play the parents; Diego Velazquez and Addison Riecke also co-star. This marks the third pilot from Nickelodeon’s most recent batch of pilots to get a series order, following Sam & Cat and The Haunted Hathaways, which both were picked up for 20 episodes. Griffo is repped by LB Talent Agency and AEF.
Nickelodeon Pilot ‘The Thundermans’ Picked Up To Series, A Young Lead Recast
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump & RNC Top Hillary Clinton & Final Night Of DNC In Viewers
- Seth Meyers To Donald Trump: “You’re Broke!”
- ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 Promo: Will These Med Students Bother To Learn About Anesthesia?
- Henry Louis Gates Jr: Donald Trump’s Political Rise Directly Related To 8 Years Of Black Family In White House
- Seth Meyers Takes ‘A Closer Look’ At Hillary Clinton’s Speech & More
- Adrianne Palicki Stars In Seth MacFarlane Fox Series, Scott Grimes Co-Stars