Nickelodeon has given a 13-episode order to superhero family comedy pilot The Thundermans. As part of the pickup, the network has recast one of the two leads, with Jack Griffo replacing Tyler Peterson who played the part in the pilot. Created by Jed Spingarn, the show is about The Thundermans, a typical suburban family that happens to have astounding superpowers. At the center of the action are the 14-year-old Thunderman twins (Griffo, Kira Kosarin), who share the same bathroom, the same school, and the same annoying little siblings. Their only difference? The sister is a super student with a super sunny disposition who super looks forward to being a superhero someday, and her twin brother is a super villain. Rosa Blasi and Chris Tallman play the parents; Diego Velazquez and Addison Riecke also co-star. This marks the third pilot from Nickelodeon’s most recent batch of pilots to get a series order, following Sam & Cat and The Haunted Hathaways, which both were picked up for 20 episodes. Griffo is repped by LB Talent Agency and AEF.
Nickelodeon Pilot ‘The Thundermans’ Picked Up To Series, A Young Lead Recast
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- ‘24: Legacy’ Adds Raphael Acloque & Themo Melikidze
- ‘Serial’ Suspect Adnan Syed Requests Release While Awaiting New Trial
- Fox Buys Legal Dramedy From Carter Covington, Robin Schiff & Jason Winer
- Lady Gaga ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Hits ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ This Week
- CBS Buys Spy Drama ‘Sentinels’ From Trio Of ‘Scorpion’ Producers