EXCLUSIVE: Oscar- and Emmy-winning producer Eva Orner makes her documentary directing debut with The Network, which world premieres March 11 at SXSW. Orner produced Alex Gibney‘s 2007 Oscar-winning docu Taxi To The Dark Side and returned to Afghanistan for Network, which profiles TOLO TV, the first independent broadcast station to spring up in the country where televisions were outlawed by the Taliban between 1996-2001. The Australia/UK co-production will court buyers at the Austin fest next month, with XYZ Films handling North American sales. The Network screens out of competition in SXSW’s Documentary Spotlight section. Here’s the first look at the trailer:
Hot SXSW Trailer: ‘The Network’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set