EXCLUSIVE: Oscar- and Emmy-winning producer Eva Orner makes her documentary directing debut with The Network, which world premieres March 11 at SXSW. Orner produced Alex Gibney‘s 2007 Oscar-winning docu Taxi To The Dark Side and returned to Afghanistan for Network, which profiles TOLO TV, the first independent broadcast station to spring up in the country where televisions were outlawed by the Taliban between 1996-2001. The Australia/UK co-production will court buyers at the Austin fest next month, with XYZ Films handling North American sales. The Network screens out of competition in SXSW’s Documentary Spotlight section. Here’s the first look at the trailer:
Hot SXSW Trailer: ‘The Network’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture
- Lionsgate's Codeblack Inks First-Look Deal With Datari Turner
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe
- The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller 'Preservation'