EXCLUSIVE: Oscar- and Emmy-winning producer Eva Orner makes her documentary directing debut with The Network, which world premieres March 11 at SXSW. Orner produced Alex Gibney‘s 2007 Oscar-winning docu Taxi To The Dark Side and returned to Afghanistan for Network, which profiles TOLO TV, the first independent broadcast station to spring up in the country where televisions were outlawed by the Taliban between 1996-2001. The Australia/UK co-production will court buyers at the Austin fest next month, with XYZ Films handling North American sales. The Network screens out of competition in SXSW’s Documentary Spotlight section. Here’s the first look at the trailer:
Hot SXSW Trailer: ‘The Network’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'