EXCLUSIVE: Oscar- and Emmy-winning producer Eva Orner makes her documentary directing debut with The Network, which world premieres March 11 at SXSW. Orner produced Alex Gibney‘s 2007 Oscar-winning docu Taxi To The Dark Side and returned to Afghanistan for Network, which profiles TOLO TV, the first independent broadcast station to spring up in the country where televisions were outlawed by the Taliban between 1996-2001. The Australia/UK co-production will court buyers at the Austin fest next month, with XYZ Films handling North American sales. The Network screens out of competition in SXSW’s Documentary Spotlight section. Here’s the first look at the trailer:
Hot SXSW Trailer: ‘The Network’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'