The new partnership with the Miss America Organization includes returning the show to its Atlantic City roots beginning next year after eight years at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. The pageant, which returned to ABC in 2011, drew 7.1 million viewers for its 2013 airing last month, its most-watched pageant since 2004. It marked the third consecutive year of a viewership increase. The Miss America pageant first began in the New Jersey city in 1921.
ABC Renews Miss America Pageant For 3 More Years
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'