The new partnership with the Miss America Organization includes returning the show to its Atlantic City roots beginning next year after eight years at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. The pageant, which returned to ABC in 2011, drew 7.1 million viewers for its 2013 airing last month, its most-watched pageant since 2004. It marked the third consecutive year of a viewership increase. The Miss America pageant first began in the New Jersey city in 1921.
ABC Renews Miss America Pageant For 3 More Years
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…