The new partnership with the Miss America Organization includes returning the show to its Atlantic City roots beginning next year after eight years at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. The pageant, which returned to ABC in 2011, drew 7.1 million viewers for its 2013 airing last month, its most-watched pageant since 2004. It marked the third consecutive year of a viewership increase. The Miss America pageant first began in the New Jersey city in 1921.
ABC Renews Miss America Pageant For 3 More Years
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films