Minnie Driver is set as the female lead opposite David Walton in About A Boy, NBC‘s single-camera pilot based on the Nick Hornby book and the 2002 movie. Written by Friday Night Lights and Parenthood executive producer Jason Katims, and directed by Revolution’s Jon Favreau, About A Boy follows the relationship between Will (Walton), a bachelor man-child who is going through a revolving door of women, and the young boy who moves in next door with his kooky single mother, Fiona (Driver). The role was played by Toni Collette in the movie. This marks the second NBC comedy pilot for Driver, repped by CAA and Untitled, who starred in Lady Friends last year. Michelle Lee serves as producer on About A Boy, from Katims’ True Jack Prods, Universal TV, Working Title and Tribeca Prods.
Minnie Driver To Co-Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘About A Boy’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres