Minnie Driver is set as the female lead opposite David Walton in About A Boy, NBC‘s single-camera pilot based on the Nick Hornby book and the 2002 movie. Written by Friday Night Lights and Parenthood executive producer Jason Katims, and directed by Revolution’s Jon Favreau, About A Boy follows the relationship between Will (Walton), a bachelor man-child who is going through a revolving door of women, and the young boy who moves in next door with his kooky single mother, Fiona (Driver). The role was played by Toni Collette in the movie. This marks the second NBC comedy pilot for Driver, repped by CAA and Untitled, who starred in Lady Friends last year. Michelle Lee serves as producer on About A Boy, from Katims’ True Jack Prods, Universal TV, Working Title and Tribeca Prods.
Minnie Driver To Co-Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘About A Boy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime
- How The Power-Broker Koch Brothers Are Killing The Florida Film Business
- James Patterson Teams With David Marshall Grant For ‘Stingray’ FBI Drama At CBS, Sells ‘NYPD Red’ Adaptation…