Minnie Driver is set as the female lead opposite David Walton in About A Boy, NBC‘s single-camera pilot based on the Nick Hornby book and the 2002 movie. Written by Friday Night Lights and Parenthood executive producer Jason Katims, and directed by Revolution’s Jon Favreau, About A Boy follows the relationship between Will (Walton), a bachelor man-child who is going through a revolving door of women, and the young boy who moves in next door with his kooky single mother, Fiona (Driver). The role was played by Toni Collette in the movie. This marks the second NBC comedy pilot for Driver, repped by CAA and Untitled, who starred in Lady Friends last year. Michelle Lee serves as producer on About A Boy, from Katims’ True Jack Prods, Universal TV, Working Title and Tribeca Prods.
Minnie Driver To Co-Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘About A Boy’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'