After an extensive casting process, Mike Vogel (Pan Am) has been tapped as the lead of Under The Dome, CBS’ 13-episode summer series from Steven Spielberg and Stephen King based on King’s bestselling 2009 novel. This represents one of the final castings on the series set in Chester’s Mill, a small New England town suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town’s inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away. Vogel will play Barbie, an Army veteran who is in Chester’s Mill on a mysterious mission. Vogel, repped by WME and manager Geordie Frey, recently shot a major recurring arc on the upcoming A&E series Bates Motel as well as indies McCanick and Jake Squared.
Mike Vogel To Play Lead In CBS’ ‘Under The Dome’ Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate