After an extensive casting process, Mike Vogel (Pan Am) has been tapped as the lead of Under The Dome, CBS’ 13-episode summer series from Steven Spielberg and Stephen King based on King’s bestselling 2009 novel. This represents one of the final castings on the series set in Chester’s Mill, a small New England town suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town’s inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away. Vogel will play Barbie, an Army veteran who is in Chester’s Mill on a mysterious mission. Vogel, repped by WME and manager Geordie Frey, recently shot a major recurring arc on the upcoming A&E series Bates Motel as well as indies McCanick and Jake Squared.
Mike Vogel To Play Lead In CBS’ ‘Under The Dome’ Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’: Lady Gaga Has Invite For Season 6
- ABC Developing ‘The Homefront’ Family Comedy From Todd Holland
- ‘Sherlock’ Victorian Special Trailer: What A Difference A Century-Plus Makes – Or Does It?
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66