Mike O’Malley (Glee) is set as a lead in Welcome To The Family, NBC‘s single-camera comedy written and executive produced by Rules Of Engagement executive producer Mike Sikowitz. It chronicles how cultures collide when a white family and a Latino family are bonded together by their children who fall in love followed quickly by an unplanned pregnancy. O’Malley will play Dan, the patriarch of the white family and the pregnant girl’s father — an affable orthodontist not known for rolling with the punches who is newly energized by the prospect of beginning his next chapter when his 18-year-old daughter leaves the nest. Sony TV is producing. O’Malley, repped by CAA and KLWGN, recently booked a major recurring role on the upcoming season of FX drama Justified. As a writer, he continues to work on Showtime’s Shameless and sold two scripts through Warner Bros TV this season.
Mike O’Malley To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Welcome To The Family’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates But Down In August, CNN No. 2 In News Demo While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers
- Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama 'Warrior' From Justin Lin & ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
- Deadline Advisory: TV Ratings Delayed
- Viacom To Rebrand MTV Hits As NickMusic
- 'G.L.O.W.': Betty Gilpin To Co-Star In Netflix’s 1980s Wrestling Comedy Series