Michael Peña is set as the lead in The List, Fox‘s drama pilot from Paul Zbyszewski, Ruben Fleischer and 20th TV. The project centers on the intense Deputy U.S. Marshal Soto (Peña) who, when members of the Federal Witness Security Program start getting killed, leads the hunt for the person who stole “the list” – a file with the identities of every member of the program. Soto is described as a ruggedly attractive, oddly charismatic man, a notoriously quirky maverick who frequently gets into trouble with the bureaucracy. Peña is the second Latino actor Fox has cast as the lead of a drama pilot this season, along with Ramon Rodriguez, who toplines Gang Related. Peña, repped by CAA, Management 360 and Rick Genow, is nominated for a 2013 Independent Spirit Award for End Of Watch and will next be seen playing the title role in Chavez for director Diego Luna. He also recently wrapped the border drama Frontera opposite Ed Harris.
Michael Peña To Star In Fox Drama Pilot ‘The List’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres