Michael Peña is set as the lead in The List, Fox‘s drama pilot from Paul Zbyszewski, Ruben Fleischer and 20th TV. The project centers on the intense Deputy U.S. Marshal Soto (Peña) who, when members of the Federal Witness Security Program start getting killed, leads the hunt for the person who stole “the list” – a file with the identities of every member of the program. Soto is described as a ruggedly attractive, oddly charismatic man, a notoriously quirky maverick who frequently gets into trouble with the bureaucracy. Peña is the second Latino actor Fox has cast as the lead of a drama pilot this season, along with Ramon Rodriguez, who toplines Gang Related. Peña, repped by CAA, Management 360 and Rick Genow, is nominated for a 2013 Independent Spirit Award for End Of Watch and will next be seen playing the title role in Chavez for director Diego Luna. He also recently wrapped the border drama Frontera opposite Ed Harris.
Michael Peña To Star In Fox Drama Pilot ‘The List’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'