EXCLUSIVE: The Office alumna Melora Hardin is set to play the boss in another workplace comedy. Hardin has been tapped as the female lead in TBS’ comedy pilot Do It Yourself. James Widdoes (TBS’ Sullivan & Son, Men At Work) has signed on to direct the multi-camera pilot written by Walt Becker and Rob Long. Do It Yourself tells the story of Nick, a 20-something laid-off math teacher who finds himself thrust into the blue collar world when he gets a job at that most American of retail institutions: the big box home supply store. Nick quickly becomes the de facto leader of his band of misfit coworkers while also figuring out ways to redefine what it means to be a teacher. Hardin will play Nick’s boss Kate, who is paranoid, irrational and drunk on power, in other words, a typical store manager. The casting reunites Hardin with TBS where she recently co-starred on The Wedding Band. Hardin, repped by the Kohner Agency, Framework Entertainment and Bob Myman, is best known for her role as Michael Scott’s (Steve Carell) no-nonsense Dunder Mifflin supervisor, regional manager Jan Levenson.
Melora Hardin To Star In TBS Pilot ‘Do It Yourself’, James Widdoes To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks