EXCLUSIVE: The Office alumna Melora Hardin is set to play the boss in another workplace comedy. Hardin has been tapped as the female lead in TBS’ comedy pilot Do It Yourself. James Widdoes (TBS’ Sullivan & Son, Men At Work) has signed on to direct the multi-camera pilot written by Walt Becker and Rob Long. Do It Yourself tells the story of Nick, a 20-something laid-off math teacher who finds himself thrust into the blue collar world when he gets a job at that most American of retail institutions: the big box home supply store. Nick quickly becomes the de facto leader of his band of misfit coworkers while also figuring out ways to redefine what it means to be a teacher. Hardin will play Nick’s boss Kate, who is paranoid, irrational and drunk on power, in other words, a typical store manager. The casting reunites Hardin with TBS where she recently co-starred on The Wedding Band. Hardin, repped by the Kohner Agency, Framework Entertainment and Bob Myman, is best known for her role as Michael Scott’s (Steve Carell) no-nonsense Dunder Mifflin supervisor, regional manager Jan Levenson.
Melora Hardin To Star In TBS Pilot ‘Do It Yourself’, James Widdoes To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres