EXCLUSIVE: The Office alumna Melora Hardin is set to play the boss in another workplace comedy. Hardin has been tapped as the female lead in TBS’ comedy pilot Do It Yourself. James Widdoes (TBS’ Sullivan & Son, Men At Work) has signed on to direct the multi-camera pilot written by Walt Becker and Rob Long. Do It Yourself tells the story of Nick, a 20-something laid-off math teacher who finds himself thrust into the blue collar world when he gets a job at that most American of retail institutions: the big box home supply store. Nick quickly becomes the de facto leader of his band of misfit coworkers while also figuring out ways to redefine what it means to be a teacher. Hardin will play Nick’s boss Kate, who is paranoid, irrational and drunk on power, in other words, a typical store manager. The casting reunites Hardin with TBS where she recently co-starred on The Wedding Band. Hardin, repped by the Kohner Agency, Framework Entertainment and Bob Myman, is best known for her role as Michael Scott’s (Steve Carell) no-nonsense Dunder Mifflin supervisor, regional manager Jan Levenson.
Melora Hardin To Star In TBS Pilot ‘Do It Yourself’, James Widdoes To Direct
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup