EXCLUSIVE: The Office alumna Melora Hardin is set to play the boss in another workplace comedy. Hardin has been tapped as the female lead in TBS’ comedy pilot Do It Yourself. James Widdoes (TBS’ Sullivan & Son, Men At Work) has signed on to direct the multi-camera pilot written by Walt Becker and Rob Long. Do It Yourself tells the story of Nick, a 20-something laid-off math teacher who finds himself thrust into the blue collar world when he gets a job at that most American of retail institutions: the big box home supply store. Nick quickly becomes the de facto leader of his band of misfit coworkers while also figuring out ways to redefine what it means to be a teacher. Hardin will play Nick’s boss Kate, who is paranoid, irrational and drunk on power, in other words, a typical store manager. The casting reunites Hardin with TBS where she recently co-starred on The Wedding Band. Hardin, repped by the Kohner Agency, Framework Entertainment and Bob Myman, is best known for her role as Michael Scott’s (Steve Carell) no-nonsense Dunder Mifflin supervisor, regional manager Jan Levenson.
Melora Hardin To Star In TBS Pilot ‘Do It Yourself’, James Widdoes To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast