Twilight writer Melissa Rosenberg, executive producer/showrunner of ABC/ABC Studios’ upcoming drama series Red Widow, has boarded another ABC/ABC Studios drama project as showrunner, pilot Big Thunder. Rob Bowman (Castle) is directing the pilot, written by Jason Fuchs. Based on Disney’s Big Thunder Mountain roller coaster ride, Big Thunder centers on a brilliant, late 19th century New York doctor. He and his family are given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful, but mysterious tycoon but quickly realize that not everything in Big Thunder is as it seems. For Rosenberg, the gig stems from the overall deal she signed with ABC Studios for her Tall Girls Prods. in October. She executive produces Big Thunder with Fuchs and Chris Morgan. Red Widow, which UTA-repped Rosenberg adapted from the Dutch series Penoza, premieres March 3.
Melissa Rosenberg To Run ABC’s ‘Big Thunder’ Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Latest TV News
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3
- Rebecca Eaton Explains How To Get BBC To Tackle Quintessentially American ‘Little Women’ – TCA
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Canceled After Two Seasons
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Review: Tangled Tale Falls Out Of Fashion
- Media Content Wars Will Require Both Scale And Reach; “A Brand Only Gets You So Far” — NATPE