Twilight writer Melissa Rosenberg, executive producer/showrunner of ABC/ABC Studios’ upcoming drama series Red Widow, has boarded another ABC/ABC Studios drama project as showrunner, pilot Big Thunder. Rob Bowman (Castle) is directing the pilot, written by Jason Fuchs. Based on Disney’s Big Thunder Mountain roller coaster ride, Big Thunder centers on a brilliant, late 19th century New York doctor. He and his family are given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful, but mysterious tycoon but quickly realize that not everything in Big Thunder is as it seems. For Rosenberg, the gig stems from the overall deal she signed with ABC Studios for her Tall Girls Prods. in October. She executive produces Big Thunder with Fuchs and Chris Morgan. Red Widow, which UTA-repped Rosenberg adapted from the Dutch series Penoza, premieres March 3.
Melissa Rosenberg To Run ABC’s ‘Big Thunder’ Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis