The network has given the greenlight for 10 one-hour episodes of its docu-series Mary Mary, just ahead its second-season finale tomorrow night. Production begins next month in LA on the series, which takes viewers inside the homes, families and life of gospel singers and sisters Erica and Tina Campbell to experience just what being a famous singing sister, mother and wife is really like. “During the current season of Mary Mary, viewers witnessed two incredible births: Tina’s baby boy and Erica and Tina’s hit single, ‘Go Get It,’ which went on to win the duo a Grammy Award”, said Lauren Gellert, WE tv’s SVP Original Production & Development. “It’s exactly this type of dimensionality that WE tv spotlights in women”. Season-to-date, Season 2 has reached 5.2 million total viewers, up 16% over Season 1. Mary Mary is produced by eOne Televison; Erica Campbell, Tina Campbell, Tara Long, John Morayniss, Eric Hoberman and Mitchell Solarek are executive producers. Kate Farrell is exec producer for WE tv.
We TV’s ‘Mary Mary’ Renewed For Season 3
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser