Since winning her Oscar for La Vie En Rose in 2008, Marion Cotillard has steadily worked with distinctive directors on both sides of the Atlantic. That includes turns in Christopher Nolan’s Inception and The Dark Knight Rises, Woody Allen’s Midnight In Paris and Steven Soderbergh’s Contagion along with her recent starring roles in Jacques Audiard’s Rust & Bone and James Gray’s upcoming Lowlife. The actress will next pair up with a pair of hardcore auteurs, Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne. The two-time Palme d’Or-winning brothers will shoot Deux Jours, Une Nuit this summer in their native Belgium. Cotillard will play Sandra, a young woman who has only one weekend to convince her colleagues they must give up their bonuses in order for her to keep her job. Longtime Dardenne collaborator Fabrizio Rongione will play Cotillard’s husband in the social drama, for which further details are being kept under wraps. The film is a co-production between the Dardennes’ Les Films du Fleuve and Denis Freyd’s Archipel 35.
Marion Cotillard Books Dardenne Brothers’ ‘Deux Jours, Une Nuit’
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency