Since winning her Oscar for La Vie En Rose in 2008, Marion Cotillard has steadily worked with distinctive directors on both sides of the Atlantic. That includes turns in Christopher Nolan’s Inception and The Dark Knight Rises, Woody Allen’s Midnight In Paris and Steven Soderbergh’s Contagion along with her recent starring roles in Jacques Audiard’s Rust & Bone and James Gray’s upcoming Lowlife. The actress will next pair up with a pair of hardcore auteurs, Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne. The two-time Palme d’Or-winning brothers will shoot Deux Jours, Une Nuit this summer in their native Belgium. Cotillard will play Sandra, a young woman who has only one weekend to convince her colleagues they must give up their bonuses in order for her to keep her job. Longtime Dardenne collaborator Fabrizio Rongione will play Cotillard’s husband in the social drama, for which further details are being kept under wraps. The film is a co-production between the Dardennes’ Les Films du Fleuve and Denis Freyd’s Archipel 35.
Marion Cotillard Books Dardenne Brothers’ ‘Deux Jours, Une Nuit’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Tartaglione
- FT Vet Rona Fairhead Expected To Be First Woman To Chair BBC Trust
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'