Former Pushing Daisies star Lee Pace is set as a lead of AMC‘s drama pilot Halt & Catch Fire, from Breaking Bad executive producer Mark Johnson. Also starring in the pilot, written by Chris Cantwell and Chris Rogers, is Mackenzie Davis (Breathe In). Juan José Campanella is set to direct. Set in the early 1980s, Halt & Catch Fire dramatizes the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their personal and professional partnership will be challenged by greed and ego while charting the changing culture in Texas’ Silicon Prairie. Pace will play the visionary, the confident and powerful Joe MacMillan. Once a superstar salesman at IBM, MacMillan recently departed under mysterious circumstances only to resurface at a Dallas tech company. Davis plays the prodigy, Cameron Howe, a talented but volatile computer programming graduate student whose aggressive exterior has everything to do with protecting a vulnerability underneath. AMC Studios is producing the pilot, with Johnson and Melissa Bernstein executive producing. Lee, repped by CAA, Management 360 and Peikoff Mahan, recently co-starred in Lincoln, the final Twilight installment and The Hobbit. Campanella is CAA, Protocol Entertainment and Douglas Stone.
Lee Pace To Topline AMC Pilot ‘Halt & Catch Fire’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”