We have learned that five senior NBC.com employees were laid off today. The list includes VPs Josie Ventura (VP Primetime Production), Emre Celik (VP Technology) and Robert Angelo (VP Late Night, Daytime & Mobile), Senior Quality Assurance Manager Jennifer Grant and Chris Himes, Supervising Digital Producer, SNL, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, 30 Rock. Word is that the shakeup is part of a restructuring and staff overhaul implemented by NBC’s new digital chief, EVP Digital Media Robert Hayes, who joined NBC last summer. The positions are expected to be refilled. With NBCUniversal as one of the main backers of Hulu, the content on NBC.com and Hulu often overlaps, challenging NBC.com to forge its own identity.
Layoffs At NBC.com As Part Of Overhaul
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate