We have learned that five senior NBC.com employees were laid off today. The list includes VPs Josie Ventura (VP Primetime Production), Emre Celik (VP Technology) and Robert Angelo (VP Late Night, Daytime & Mobile), Senior Quality Assurance Manager Jennifer Grant and Chris Himes, Supervising Digital Producer, SNL, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, 30 Rock. Word is that the shakeup is part of a restructuring and staff overhaul implemented by NBC’s new digital chief, EVP Digital Media Robert Hayes, who joined NBC last summer. The positions are expected to be refilled. With NBCUniversal as one of the main backers of Hulu, the content on NBC.com and Hulu often overlaps, challenging NBC.com to forge its own identity.
Layoffs At NBC.com As Part Of Overhaul
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2