EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off her appearance both before and at the end of the Oscars, Kristin Chenoweth will reappear this week in the feature film Family Weekend. ARC Entertainment and Footprint Features said today it will release the Benjamin Epps-directed comedy on premium VOD on Thursday, and put it in theaters beginning March 29. Matthew Modine, Olesya Rulin, Joey King and Shirley Jones co-star in the pic, which follows 16-year-old Emily (Rulin) an incredibly motivated overachiever who has grown increasingly frustrated with her parents’ lack of support and guidance, and she and her siblings unite to take their parents (Chenoweth, Modine) hostage in an effort to become a family again. Matt K. Turner penned the screenplay, and Footprint’s Adam Saunders and Chris Aronoff produced in association with The Bedford Falls Co. Youmi N. Ma is executive producer.
Kristin Chenoweth Comedy ‘Family Weekend’ Gets Release Date
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Fox News Channel Tops Cable Primetime Ratings In Third Quarter
- Benjamin Walker Joins 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast