EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off her appearance both before and at the end of the Oscars, Kristin Chenoweth will reappear this week in the feature film Family Weekend. ARC Entertainment and Footprint Features said today it will release the Benjamin Epps-directed comedy on premium VOD on Thursday, and put it in theaters beginning March 29. Matthew Modine, Olesya Rulin, Joey King and Shirley Jones co-star in the pic, which follows 16-year-old Emily (Rulin) an incredibly motivated overachiever who has grown increasingly frustrated with her parents’ lack of support and guidance, and she and her siblings unite to take their parents (Chenoweth, Modine) hostage in an effort to become a family again. Matt K. Turner penned the screenplay, and Footprint’s Adam Saunders and Chris Aronoff produced in association with The Bedford Falls Co. Youmi N. Ma is executive producer.
Kristin Chenoweth Comedy ‘Family Weekend’ Gets Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM