EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off her appearance both before and at the end of the Oscars, Kristin Chenoweth will reappear this week in the feature film Family Weekend. ARC Entertainment and Footprint Features said today it will release the Benjamin Epps-directed comedy on premium VOD on Thursday, and put it in theaters beginning March 29. Matthew Modine, Olesya Rulin, Joey King and Shirley Jones co-star in the pic, which follows 16-year-old Emily (Rulin) an incredibly motivated overachiever who has grown increasingly frustrated with her parents’ lack of support and guidance, and she and her siblings unite to take their parents (Chenoweth, Modine) hostage in an effort to become a family again. Matt K. Turner penned the screenplay, and Footprint’s Adam Saunders and Chris Aronoff produced in association with The Bedford Falls Co. Youmi N. Ma is executive producer.
Kristin Chenoweth Comedy ‘Family Weekend’ Gets Release Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production