EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off her appearance both before and at the end of the Oscars, Kristin Chenoweth will reappear this week in the feature film Family Weekend. ARC Entertainment and Footprint Features said today it will release the Benjamin Epps-directed comedy on premium VOD on Thursday, and put it in theaters beginning March 29. Matthew Modine, Olesya Rulin, Joey King and Shirley Jones co-star in the pic, which follows 16-year-old Emily (Rulin) an incredibly motivated overachiever who has grown increasingly frustrated with her parents’ lack of support and guidance, and she and her siblings unite to take their parents (Chenoweth, Modine) hostage in an effort to become a family again. Matt K. Turner penned the screenplay, and Footprint’s Adam Saunders and Chris Aronoff produced in association with The Bedford Falls Co. Youmi N. Ma is executive producer.
Kristin Chenoweth Comedy ‘Family Weekend’ Gets Release Date
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot