EXCLUSIVE: Kirk Ward (The Island) is set as the main lead in Zombieland, Amazon Studios’ comedy pilot based on the hit 2009 movie. The project, produced by Sony TV, is a continuation of the adventures of Tallahassee (Ward), Columbus (Tyler Ross), Wichita, and her younger sister Little Rock (Izabela Vidovic) — four humans who band together to survive the zombie apocalypse. In the movie Tallahassee, a square-jawed former lowly sandwich vendor-turned-the world’s most gifted zombie slayer, was played by Woody Harrelson. Original Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick wrote the pilot and executive produce with the movie’s producer, Gavin Polone. I hear Reese and Wernick, who conceived Zombieland as a TV show, originally had Ward in mind for Tallahassee after meeting the actor while shooting the William Shatner-starring Spike TV limited series Invasion Iowa. After a successful feature detour, Zombieland now is back in TV land with Ward as lead. He is with ROAR.
Kirk Ward To Star In Amazon’s ‘Zombieland’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed