EXCLUSIVE: Kirk Ward (The Island) is set as the main lead in Zombieland, Amazon Studios’ comedy pilot based on the hit 2009 movie. The project, produced by Sony TV, is a continuation of the adventures of Tallahassee (Ward), Columbus (Tyler Ross), Wichita, and her younger sister Little Rock (Izabela Vidovic) — four humans who band together to survive the zombie apocalypse. In the movie Tallahassee, a square-jawed former lowly sandwich vendor-turned-the world’s most gifted zombie slayer, was played by Woody Harrelson. Original Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick wrote the pilot and executive produce with the movie’s producer, Gavin Polone. I hear Reese and Wernick, who conceived Zombieland as a TV show, originally had Ward in mind for Tallahassee after meeting the actor while shooting the William Shatner-starring Spike TV limited series Invasion Iowa. After a successful feature detour, Zombieland now is back in TV land with Ward as lead. He is with ROAR.
Kirk Ward To Star In Amazon’s ‘Zombieland’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong