With a day to spare before filming is set to begin on the planted NCIS: LA spinoff on Monday, the project is now fully cast. After a flurry of supporting castings yesterday, the last role to close was the lead, Special Agent Paris. 24 and Grey’s Anatomy alumna Kim Raver has been tapped for the part, joining John Corbett who plays the male lead. Also cast in the backdoor pilot in a guest starring/potential recurring role is Kenneth Mitchell (Jericho). This marks the first installment in the NCIS, CSI or Criminal Minds franchises with a female lead. The project, from NCIS: LA executive producer/showrunner Shane Brennan, follows a mobile “Red” team of agents who are forced to live and work together as they crisscross the country solving crimes. Paris is the athletic, smart, witty and bold leader of the Red team. She has a Degree in Forensic Science, can drive a golf ball 300 yards and has a brain snapping IQ in the 98th percentile. She prefers to, and often does, work alone. Mitchell, repped by CESD and manager Laura Berwick, plays the team’s respected and likable Logistics Officer Danny Gallagher. This marks a quick casting for Raver who only became available three weeks ago when her previous starring vehicle, the Lifetime pilot Secret Lives Of Wives, got a pass from the network. Raver, repped by WME and Mosaic, recurs on NBC’s freshman breakout Revolution.
Kim Raver To Star In CBS’ ‘NCIS: LA’ Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest TV News
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Joe Biden Spot Pains CNN, Which Hoped He Would Headline Tonight’s Debate
- Lena Dunham 1960s Feminism Comedy Starring Lisa Joyce Gets HBO Pilot Order
- FX’s ‘Fargo’ Ratings Cold In Return On New Night Against NFL & ESPN
- Harry Connick Jr Syndicated Daytime Variety Show Set For Fall 2016 Launch On Fox Stations
- AMC Networks Shares Hit By ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Drop, But Is It Overkill?