With a day to spare before filming is set to begin on the planted NCIS: LA spinoff on Monday, the project is now fully cast. After a flurry of supporting castings yesterday, the last role to close was the lead, Special Agent Paris. 24 and Grey’s Anatomy alumna Kim Raver has been tapped for the part, joining John Corbett who plays the male lead. Also cast in the backdoor pilot in a guest starring/potential recurring role is Kenneth Mitchell (Jericho). This marks the first installment in the NCIS, CSI or Criminal Minds franchises with a female lead. The project, from NCIS: LA executive producer/showrunner Shane Brennan, follows a mobile “Red” team of agents who are forced to live and work together as they crisscross the country solving crimes. Paris is the athletic, smart, witty and bold leader of the Red team. She has a Degree in Forensic Science, can drive a golf ball 300 yards and has a brain snapping IQ in the 98th percentile. She prefers to, and often does, work alone. Mitchell, repped by CESD and manager Laura Berwick, plays the team’s respected and likable Logistics Officer Danny Gallagher. This marks a quick casting for Raver who only became available three weeks ago when her previous starring vehicle, the Lifetime pilot Secret Lives Of Wives, got a pass from the network. Raver, repped by WME and Mosaic, recurs on NBC’s freshman breakout Revolution.
Kim Raver To Star In CBS’ ‘NCIS: LA’ Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'