Universal’s Jurassic Park 4 will proceed without franchise producer Kathleen Kennedy. Asked on Twitter if Kennedy was still producing the pic, Kennedy/Marshall’s Frank Marshall replied: @LeDoctor: No, Ms. Kennedy has moved onto Star Wars and will not be producing JP4. She’s traded raptors for TIE fighters. Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) penned the script for Jurassic Park 4, which Marshall is producing with Steven Spielberg executive producing. The 3D fourquel has yet to lock a director but has a release date of June 13, 2014. Kennedy’s history with the dino franchise goes back 20 years: She served as producer on Jurassic Park (1993), The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), and Jurassic Park III (2001), which tallied a three-film total of $1.9 billion globally. Kennedy, who produced Spielberg’s Best Picture nominee Lincoln, recently stepped into her new post as President of Lucasfilm and is exec producing the J.J. Abrams-helmed Star Wars: Episode VII, due in 2015.
Kathleen Kennedy Departs ‘Jurassic Park 4′
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake