Universal’s Jurassic Park 4 will proceed without franchise producer Kathleen Kennedy. Asked on Twitter if Kennedy was still producing the pic, Kennedy/Marshall’s Frank Marshall replied: @LeDoctor: No, Ms. Kennedy has moved onto Star Wars and will not be producing JP4. She’s traded raptors for TIE fighters. Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) penned the script for Jurassic Park 4, which Marshall is producing with Steven Spielberg executive producing. The 3D fourquel has yet to lock a director but has a release date of June 13, 2014. Kennedy’s history with the dino franchise goes back 20 years: She served as producer on Jurassic Park (1993), The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), and Jurassic Park III (2001), which tallied a three-film total of $1.9 billion globally. Kennedy, who produced Spielberg’s Best Picture nominee Lincoln, recently stepped into her new post as President of Lucasfilm and is exec producing the J.J. Abrams-helmed Star Wars: Episode VII, due in 2015.
Kathleen Kennedy Departs ‘Jurassic Park 4’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First