KaDee Strickland, co-star of the recently departed ABC drama Private Practice, is back on series duty with a lead role opposite Skyler Samuels in NBC‘s drama pilot Bloodline. Written by David Graziano and directed by Peter Berg, Bloodline is described as a pulpy, highly stylized look into the cheeky world of Bird Benson (Samuels), a smart, irreverent and strong young girl who, due to an accident of birth, finds herself caught in the middle of an epic struggle between two warrior families set against the backdrop of modern suburbia. Strickland, repped by WME, Anonymous Content and Neil Meyer, will play Bird’s statuesque and strikingly beautiful mother Stella, who has been raised in a family descended from an ancient line of killers, brigands and mercenaries. The role is said to be in the vein of Uma Thurman’s The Bride from Kill Bill. Stella’s father is played by Jonathan Banks.
KaDee Strickland To Co-Star In NBC Pilot ‘Bloodline’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate