KaDee Strickland, co-star of the recently departed ABC drama Private Practice, is back on series duty with a lead role opposite Skyler Samuels in NBC‘s drama pilot Bloodline. Written by David Graziano and directed by Peter Berg, Bloodline is described as a pulpy, highly stylized look into the cheeky world of Bird Benson (Samuels), a smart, irreverent and strong young girl who, due to an accident of birth, finds herself caught in the middle of an epic struggle between two warrior families set against the backdrop of modern suburbia. Strickland, repped by WME, Anonymous Content and Neil Meyer, will play Bird’s statuesque and strikingly beautiful mother Stella, who has been raised in a family descended from an ancient line of killers, brigands and mercenaries. The role is said to be in the vein of Uma Thurman’s The Bride from Kill Bill. Stella’s father is played by Jonathan Banks.
KaDee Strickland To Co-Star In NBC Pilot ‘Bloodline’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Names Darrell Hammond As New Announcer
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star