EXCLUSIVE: Long live the spec script! Lionsgate just bought Endangered, a spec script by Ryan Belenzon and Jeffrey Gelber for Lionsgate/Summit with Alli Shearmur producing. It’s an action-adventure script about a team of scientists on a mission to find the fountain of youth. This might be the first spec script deal of the year and comes along just when I was thinking that specs were on the endangered list. The writers, who were recently Nicholls finalists, also have Clarity, a character-driven sci-fi piece set up at BonaFide and are producing Dito Montiel’s Boulevard, which has Robin Williams set to star. They are repped by Paradigm, Zero Gravity and attorney Ryan Nord.
Specs On Endangered List? Lionsgate-Summit Acquires ‘Endangered’ For Alli Shearmur
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'