EXCLUSIVE: Long live the spec script! Lionsgate just bought Endangered, a spec script by Ryan Belenzon and Jeffrey Gelber for Lionsgate/Summit with Alli Shearmur producing. It’s an action-adventure script about a team of scientists on a mission to find the fountain of youth. This might be the first spec script deal of the year and comes along just when I was thinking that specs were on the endangered list. The writers, who were recently Nicholls finalists, also have Clarity, a character-driven sci-fi piece set up at BonaFide and are producing Dito Montiel’s Boulevard, which has Robin Williams set to star. They are repped by Paradigm, Zero Gravity and attorney Ryan Nord.
Specs On Endangered List? Lionsgate-Summit Acquires ‘Endangered’ For Alli Shearmur
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Reacts Fast To Steve Bannon Axing: Rosie O’Donnell Suggests Place For Tiki Torch
- Foul Play Alleged In New York SAG-AFTRA Board Race
- ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Review: Odd-Couple Pairing Of Ryan Reynolds & Samuel L. Jackson Leads To Violent…
- Jessie T. Usher Tapped As Son Of Shaft; Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree Reprise
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Arrives With Awards Hopes; ‘Patti Cake$’ Bows – Specialty B.O. Preview