Another Breaking Bad player is getting a pilot. Jonathan Banks has been cast in the NBC drama pilot Bloodline, written by David Graziano and directed by Peter Berg. It is about Bird, an orphaned young girl caught in the struggle between two warring families of mercenaries and killers. Mentored by a Chinese man, Bird has to accept the quest to find and defeat her mother in mortal combat if she is to ever lead a normal life. Banks will play Leo, Bird’s maternal grandfather who decides to abandon her as an infant. A long descendant of Greek hitmen, he owns a hitman company full of long-lost relatives. Banks, repped by Domain and Lovett Management,follows fellow Breaking Bad cast members Anna Gunn and Betsy Brandt who also have booked pilots.
Jonathan Banks Joins NBC Pilot ‘Bloodline’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ‘60 Minutes’ Bias