Another Breaking Bad player is getting a pilot. Jonathan Banks has been cast in the NBC drama pilot Bloodline, written by David Graziano and directed by Peter Berg. It is about Bird, an orphaned young girl caught in the struggle between two warring families of mercenaries and killers. Mentored by a Chinese man, Bird has to accept the quest to find and defeat her mother in mortal combat if she is to ever lead a normal life. Banks will play Leo, Bird’s maternal grandfather who decides to abandon her as an infant. A long descendant of Greek hitmen, he owns a hitman company full of long-lost relatives. Banks, repped by Domain and Lovett Management,follows fellow Breaking Bad cast members Anna Gunn and Betsy Brandt who also have booked pilots.
Jonathan Banks Joins NBC Pilot ‘Bloodline’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'