Another Breaking Bad player is getting a pilot. Jonathan Banks has been cast in the NBC drama pilot Bloodline, written by David Graziano and directed by Peter Berg. It is about Bird, an orphaned young girl caught in the struggle between two warring families of mercenaries and killers. Mentored by a Chinese man, Bird has to accept the quest to find and defeat her mother in mortal combat if she is to ever lead a normal life. Banks will play Leo, Bird’s maternal grandfather who decides to abandon her as an infant. A long descendant of Greek hitmen, he owns a hitman company full of long-lost relatives. Banks, repped by Domain and Lovett Management,follows fellow Breaking Bad cast members Anna Gunn and Betsy Brandt who also have booked pilots.
Jonathan Banks Joins NBC Pilot ‘Bloodline’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination