Another Breaking Bad player is getting a pilot. Jonathan Banks has been cast in the NBC drama pilot Bloodline, written by David Graziano and directed by Peter Berg. It is about Bird, an orphaned young girl caught in the struggle between two warring families of mercenaries and killers. Mentored by a Chinese man, Bird has to accept the quest to find and defeat her mother in mortal combat if she is to ever lead a normal life. Banks will play Leo, Bird’s maternal grandfather who decides to abandon her as an infant. A long descendant of Greek hitmen, he owns a hitman company full of long-lost relatives. Banks, repped by Domain and Lovett Management,follows fellow Breaking Bad cast members Anna Gunn and Betsy Brandt who also have booked pilots.
Jonathan Banks Joins NBC Pilot ‘Bloodline’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'