Didn’t see this announcement in my inbox yesterday, but it is worth noting. Relativity Media acquired worldwide rights to finance, produce and distribute Loomis Fargo, an action heist comedy that will star Jim Carrey. It’s directed by Napoleon Dynamite‘s Jared Hess from a script by Emily Spivey, rewritten by Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer. Shooting begins in April. It’s inspired by true events and tells the story of a disgruntled bank employee who goes into a life of crime to build a new life with his love. He teams up with his work crush to rob the place of $20 million, leaving a trail of evidence that is as obvious as snail tracks. Always good to see Carrey in comedies (he opens soon in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and wrapped Kick-Ass 2), but is it me or does this sound a little like an amalgamation of recent Carrey outings Fun With Dick and Jane and I Love You Phillip Morris?
Jim Carrey Joins ‘Napoleon Dynamite’ Helmer For ‘Loomis Fargo’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'