Didn’t see this announcement in my inbox yesterday, but it is worth noting. Relativity Media acquired worldwide rights to finance, produce and distribute Loomis Fargo, an action heist comedy that will star Jim Carrey. It’s directed by Napoleon Dynamite‘s Jared Hess from a script by Emily Spivey, rewritten by Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer. Shooting begins in April. It’s inspired by true events and tells the story of a disgruntled bank employee who goes into a life of crime to build a new life with his love. He teams up with his work crush to rob the place of $20 million, leaving a trail of evidence that is as obvious as snail tracks. Always good to see Carrey in comedies (he opens soon in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and wrapped Kick-Ass 2), but is it me or does this sound a little like an amalgamation of recent Carrey outings Fun With Dick and Jane and I Love You Phillip Morris?
Jim Carrey Joins ‘Napoleon Dynamite’ Helmer For ‘Loomis Fargo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount