Didn’t see this announcement in my inbox yesterday, but it is worth noting. Relativity Media acquired worldwide rights to finance, produce and distribute Loomis Fargo, an action heist comedy that will star Jim Carrey. It’s directed by Napoleon Dynamite‘s Jared Hess from a script by Emily Spivey, rewritten by Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer. Shooting begins in April. It’s inspired by true events and tells the story of a disgruntled bank employee who goes into a life of crime to build a new life with his love. He teams up with his work crush to rob the place of $20 million, leaving a trail of evidence that is as obvious as snail tracks. Always good to see Carrey in comedies (he opens soon in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and wrapped Kick-Ass 2), but is it me or does this sound a little like an amalgamation of recent Carrey outings Fun With Dick and Jane and I Love You Phillip Morris?
Jim Carrey Joins ‘Napoleon Dynamite’ Helmer For ‘Loomis Fargo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role