EXCLUSIVE: It is an L Word reunion on ABC‘s Romeo & Juliet-esque drama pilot Venice. The Showtime series’ star Jennifer Beals has signed on for a lead, while creator/executive producer Ilene Chaiken has come on board as executive producer/showrunner. Written by Byron Balasco, Venice, from Warner Bros TV and McG’s Wonderland Sound And Vision, is a soap about the haves and the have-nots of California’s most seductive city, Venice. It focuses on two rival families and a forbidden and dangerous romance emerging between them as the families battle for control of Venice. Beals, repped by APA and Greenlight Management, will play Lisa Carver, the elegant bohemian matriarch of the Carver family, one of the two feuding clans. McG is directing the pilot, which he, WME-repped Chaiken and Belasco executive produce with Peter Johnson.
Jennifer Beals To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Venice’ Helmed By McG, Ilene Chaiken To Showrun
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Derek Hough Cast In NBC’s Kourtney Kang Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton ‘Training Day’ Dedication Planned For New Episode
- JJ Totah Cast In Mindy Kaling’s NBC Comedy Pilot; Josh Kidd Joins CW’s ‘Searchers’
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says