NBCUniversal’s Latino-focused mun2 announced that the third season of Jenni Rivera‘s reality series I Love Jenni will premiere April 14 at 9 PM ET. It comes four months after the pop icon died in a plane crash in Northern Mexico that killed seven. The episodes will include footage shot in the month before her death as well as footage shot afterward as her family deals with her loss. Rivera’s children Chiquis, Jacqui, Michael, Jenicka and Johnny and Rivera’s sister Rosie will also appear in new episodes. Already a superstar in Mexico, the 43-year-old mother of five was just beginning to make inroads in the U.S. entertainment industry. The fatal crash occurred in the middle of filming the docu reality series and days after Rivera closed a deal to topline her own sitcom for ABC. On April 7, the network will air a one-hour tribute special We Love Jenni featuring Thalia, Snoop Lion, Diana Reyes, Regional Mexican stars Tucanes de Tijuana, Horoscopos de Durango and Larry Hernandez, The Voice host Carson Daly, and Extra’s Mario Lopez. Rivera made her film debut in the 2012 Sundance drama Filly Brown, although that pic’s release date is TBA following the US closure of Indomina Releasing.
Jenni Rivera Reality Series Gets Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait