Janet Montgomery, one of the breakouts of last pilot season with her starring role in CBS’ Made In Jersey, which helped the project land a series pickup, is set as the lead of another drama pilot, ABC’s gothic soap Gothica. Set in the present day, the ABC Studios/Mark Gordon Co. project weaves together a mythology that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray. It centers on Grace Van Helsing (Montgomery), a Pulitzer prize winning journalist from New York who takes over her family’s hometown newspaper. Dorian Gray (Chris Egan) provides her with the $20 million she needs to retain control of the paper, and she was romantically involved with Victor Frankenstein (To Ellis) years ago. British actress Montgomery, who was pursued for multiple pilots, is repped by UTA, Anonymous and UK’s Hamilton-Hodell.
Janet Montgomery To Play The Lead Grace Van Helsing In ABC Pilot ‘Gothica’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo