Janet Montgomery, one of the breakouts of last pilot season with her starring role in CBS’ Made In Jersey, which helped the project land a series pickup, is set as the lead of another drama pilot, ABC’s gothic soap Gothica. Set in the present day, the ABC Studios/Mark Gordon Co. project weaves together a mythology that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray. It centers on Grace Van Helsing (Montgomery), a Pulitzer prize winning journalist from New York who takes over her family’s hometown newspaper. Dorian Gray (Chris Egan) provides her with the $20 million she needs to retain control of the paper, and she was romantically involved with Victor Frankenstein (To Ellis) years ago. British actress Montgomery, who was pursued for multiple pilots, is repped by UTA, Anonymous and UK’s Hamilton-Hodell.
Janet Montgomery To Play The Lead Grace Van Helsing In ABC Pilot ‘Gothica’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'