Janet Montgomery, one of the breakouts of last pilot season with her starring role in CBS’ Made In Jersey, which helped the project land a series pickup, is set as the lead of another drama pilot, ABC’s gothic soap Gothica. Set in the present day, the ABC Studios/Mark Gordon Co. project weaves together a mythology that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray. It centers on Grace Van Helsing (Montgomery), a Pulitzer prize winning journalist from New York who takes over her family’s hometown newspaper. Dorian Gray (Chris Egan) provides her with the $20 million she needs to retain control of the paper, and she was romantically involved with Victor Frankenstein (To Ellis) years ago. British actress Montgomery, who was pursued for multiple pilots, is repped by UTA, Anonymous and UK’s Hamilton-Hodell.
Janet Montgomery To Play The Lead Grace Van Helsing In ABC Pilot ‘Gothica’
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Quartet Cast In HBO's 'Crime' Miniseries
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'