The Emmy-winning Glee star will make her Broadway debut taking on the role of evil orphanage matron Miss Hannigan this spring in the Broadway production of Annie, currently playing at the Palace. Jane Lynch is stepping in for Katie Finneran, the original actor in the role, who is taking time off to shoot NBC’s new Michael J. Fox comedy series, which has a 22-episode order for a fall 2013 launch. It hasn’t been determined when Finneran is leaving; the Sony Pictures TV series already has shot its pilot and the show is being done out of NY but no schedule has been set. Lynch, whose stage experience includes a turn with Chicago’s Steppenwolf Theatre Company and The Second City, is set in the role from May 16-July 14. Finneran, a two-time Tony winner, starred on Fox’s sitcom I Hate My Teenage Daughter and landed the co-starring role in the Michael J. Fox sitcom last month, playing Fox’s narcissistic, single and jobless sister. The series is inspired by Fox’s real life and stars him as Mike Burnaby, a husband and father of three in New York City juggling the challenges of family and career while dealing with Parkinson’s disease. A former lead anchor for a local station in NY, Mike decides to go back to work after a new medication helps him manage the effects of his illness. Said Finneran: “I am so grateful to them for making it possible for me to begin filming the series this summer, and I can’t wait to come back and see the goddess Jane Lynch bring down the house at the Palace”.
Jane Lynch To Join Broadway’s ‘Annie’ As Sub For TV-Bound Katie Finneran
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions