EXCLUSIVE: The Last Stand actor has joined the cast of the Western action film Jane Got A Gun with Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender. Rodrigo Santoro will play the character of Fitchum in the Lynne Ramsey-directed film about Jane Hammond (Portman), who reaches out to her ex-lover (Fassbender) for help when her outlaw husband becomes the target of a violent gang. As well as his appearance in the recent Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, Santoro will be seen in the upcoming prequel 300: Rise Of An Empire resuming his role from the first 300 as the Persian king Xerxes. 300: Rise Of An Empire is due out on August 2, 2013. Scott Steindorff and banker Peter Nathanial are financing Jane Got A Gun, which is written by Brian Duffield. The duo will produce with Portman through her Handsomecharlie Films along with Terry Dougas and Chris Coen. Brillstein Entertainment Partners’ Aleen Keshishian will executive produce with Paris Latsis, Scott Pictures’ Scott LaStaiti and Dylan Russell. Rodrigo Santoro is repped by ICM Partners and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
‘Jane Got A Gun’ Adds Rodrigo Santoro
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms