EXCLUSIVE: The Last Stand actor has joined the cast of the Western action film Jane Got A Gun with Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender. Rodrigo Santoro will play the character of Fitchum in the Lynne Ramsey-directed film about Jane Hammond (Portman), who reaches out to her ex-lover (Fassbender) for help when her outlaw husband becomes the target of a violent gang. As well as his appearance in the recent Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, Santoro will be seen in the upcoming prequel 300: Rise Of An Empire resuming his role from the first 300 as the Persian king Xerxes. 300: Rise Of An Empire is due out on August 2, 2013. Scott Steindorff and banker Peter Nathanial are financing Jane Got A Gun, which is written by Brian Duffield. The duo will produce with Portman through her Handsomecharlie Films along with Terry Dougas and Chris Coen. Brillstein Entertainment Partners’ Aleen Keshishian will executive produce with Paris Latsis, Scott Pictures’ Scott LaStaiti and Dylan Russell. Rodrigo Santoro is repped by ICM Partners and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
‘Jane Got A Gun’ Adds Rodrigo Santoro
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Revenant’, ‘Martian’ Land New Global Milestones; ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Tops $100M In China – Intl Box…
- Newcomers ‘Regression’, ‘Southbound’ Open Slow Against Oscar Contenders – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters ‘Zombies’, ‘Choice’: Sunday…
- Cannes Film Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux Quells Exit Chatter, But Confirms Offer
- DGA Awards: Inarritu’s Big Win Gives Momentum To ‘Revenant’ But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column