In his first major TV gig, Jamie Bell (The Adventures Of Tintin) is set to star in AMC‘s period drama pilot Turn, written by Craig Silverstein and directed by Rupert Wyatt. Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull (Bell), who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. A husband and father to a young son, Abe is a hardworking cabbage farmer intent on paying back any debts. He smuggles his cabbage crop on the black market, where he is captured by Colonials and then pressed into spying for the Patriot cause.
Jamie Bell To Topline AMC Pilot ‘Turn’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot