In his first major TV gig, Jamie Bell (The Adventures Of Tintin) is set to star in AMC‘s period drama pilot Turn, written by Craig Silverstein and directed by Rupert Wyatt. Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull (Bell), who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. A husband and father to a young son, Abe is a hardworking cabbage farmer intent on paying back any debts. He smuggles his cabbage crop on the black market, where he is captured by Colonials and then pressed into spying for the Patriot cause.
Jamie Bell To Topline AMC Pilot ‘Turn’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'