Set in 1961 London, Breathless is a six-part drama created by Paul Unwin whose credits include British series Casualty and Combat Hospital. ITV has just commissioned the ITV Studios production that follows the lives of a group of doctors and nurses in a gynecology ward at a period when Britain was on the brink of the ’60s revolution. Smash‘s Jack Davenport stars as Otto Powell, a brilliant and charismatic surgeon who believes he can make a difference to women’s lives. Otto and his elegant wife preside over an ensemble of characters, with more cast announcements to come. Unwin will direct the first two episodes. His co-creator is Peter Grimsdale, who will also script with Simon Tyrell. Breathless is produced by Jolyon Symonds; ITV Studios’ Kate Bartlett will executive produce with Unwin. Shooting starts in April. ITV Studios Global Entertainment is handling internationally.
Jack Davenport To Star In ITV Medical Drama ‘Breathless’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Races To $37.6M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?