Set in 1961 London, Breathless is a six-part drama created by Paul Unwin whose credits include British series Casualty and Combat Hospital. ITV has just commissioned the ITV Studios production that follows the lives of a group of doctors and nurses in a gynecology ward at a period when Britain was on the brink of the ’60s revolution. Smash‘s Jack Davenport stars as Otto Powell, a brilliant and charismatic surgeon who believes he can make a difference to women’s lives. Otto and his elegant wife preside over an ensemble of characters, with more cast announcements to come. Unwin will direct the first two episodes. His co-creator is Peter Grimsdale, who will also script with Simon Tyrell. Breathless is produced by Jolyon Symonds; ITV Studios’ Kate Bartlett will executive produce with Unwin. Shooting starts in April. ITV Studios Global Entertainment is handling internationally.
Jack Davenport To Star In ITV Medical Drama ‘Breathless’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More
- UPDATE: FT Vet Rona Fairhead Named First Woman Chair Of BBC Trust
- 'Doctor Who' Down 1.59M UK Viewers In Sophomore Outing
- Simon Cowell's Return To 'X Factor UK' Scores Best Launch Since 2011 With 9.5M Viewers
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'