Set in 1961 London, Breathless is a six-part drama created by Paul Unwin whose credits include British series Casualty and Combat Hospital. ITV has just commissioned the ITV Studios production that follows the lives of a group of doctors and nurses in a gynecology ward at a period when Britain was on the brink of the ’60s revolution. Smash‘s Jack Davenport stars as Otto Powell, a brilliant and charismatic surgeon who believes he can make a difference to women’s lives. Otto and his elegant wife preside over an ensemble of characters, with more cast announcements to come. Unwin will direct the first two episodes. His co-creator is Peter Grimsdale, who will also script with Simon Tyrell. Breathless is produced by Jolyon Symonds; ITV Studios’ Kate Bartlett will executive produce with Unwin. Shooting starts in April. ITV Studios Global Entertainment is handling internationally.
Jack Davenport To Star In ITV Medical Drama ‘Breathless’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'