J.K. Simmons is set to star opposite Parker Posey in NBC‘s the untitled DJ Nash comedy pilot, about a son who idolizes his blind father (Simmons) and is bemused by his mother’s (Posey) newfound adolescence and who watches his family come closer together post-divorce. Nash is executive producing with Jason Bateman and Jim Garavente for Universal TV. For Gersh-repped Simmons, the casting is formally in second position to ABC’s midseason comedy Family Tools, which premieres May 1 in the Wednesday 8:30 PM. Simmons’ co-star on the show, Kyle Bornheimer, also has been fielding interest for pilots.
J.K. Simmons Cast In NBC’s DJ Nash Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate