EXCLUSIVE: Jake McLaughlin (Savages) is set to star in Believe, NBC’s drama pilot from J.J. Abrams and Oscar-nominated filmmaker Alfonso Cuarón. The high-concept project, written by Cuarón and Mark Friedman, is about the unlikely relationship between Bo, a girl in possession of a great gift/powers — which will come into their own in seven years — and Tate (McLaughlin), the man who is sprung from prison to protect her from those trying to hunt her down. Cuarón is directing the pilot, which he is exec producing with Friedman, Abrams and Bryan Burk. This is the second consecutive NBC drama pilot for McLaughlin, repped by Paradigm and James/Levy Management, who co-starred in The Frontier last year. He also did cameos in two Abrams movies, Colverfield and Super 8.
J.J. Abrams-Alfonso Cuarón NBC Drama Pilot ‘Believe’ Casts Co-Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'