EXCLUSIVE: Jake McLaughlin (Savages) is set to star in Believe, NBC’s drama pilot from J.J. Abrams and Oscar-nominated filmmaker Alfonso Cuarón. The high-concept project, written by Cuarón and Mark Friedman, is about the unlikely relationship between Bo, a girl in possession of a great gift/powers — which will come into their own in seven years — and Tate (McLaughlin), the man who is sprung from prison to protect her from those trying to hunt her down. Cuarón is directing the pilot, which he is exec producing with Friedman, Abrams and Bryan Burk. This is the second consecutive NBC drama pilot for McLaughlin, repped by Paradigm and James/Levy Management, who co-starred in The Frontier last year. He also did cameos in two Abrams movies, Colverfield and Super 8.
J.J. Abrams-Alfonso Cuarón NBC Drama Pilot ‘Believe’ Casts Co-Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Michael King Dead: TV Exec Who Helped Launch ‘Oprah’ Show Was 66
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications