EXCLUSIVE: Jake McLaughlin (Savages) is set to star in Believe, NBC’s drama pilot from J.J. Abrams and Oscar-nominated filmmaker Alfonso Cuarón. The high-concept project, written by Cuarón and Mark Friedman, is about the unlikely relationship between Bo, a girl in possession of a great gift/powers — which will come into their own in seven years — and Tate (McLaughlin), the man who is sprung from prison to protect her from those trying to hunt her down. Cuarón is directing the pilot, which he is exec producing with Friedman, Abrams and Bryan Burk. This is the second consecutive NBC drama pilot for McLaughlin, repped by Paradigm and James/Levy Management, who co-starred in The Frontier last year. He also did cameos in two Abrams movies, Colverfield and Super 8.
J.J. Abrams-Alfonso Cuarón NBC Drama Pilot ‘Believe’ Casts Co-Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest TV News
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia To Head YouTube In Europe
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid