EXCLUSIVE: Jake McLaughlin (Savages) is set to star in Believe, NBC’s drama pilot from J.J. Abrams and Oscar-nominated filmmaker Alfonso Cuarón. The high-concept project, written by Cuarón and Mark Friedman, is about the unlikely relationship between Bo, a girl in possession of a great gift/powers — which will come into their own in seven years — and Tate (McLaughlin), the man who is sprung from prison to protect her from those trying to hunt her down. Cuarón is directing the pilot, which he is exec producing with Friedman, Abrams and Bryan Burk. This is the second consecutive NBC drama pilot for McLaughlin, repped by Paradigm and James/Levy Management, who co-starred in The Frontier last year. He also did cameos in two Abrams movies, Colverfield and Super 8.
J.J. Abrams-Alfonso Cuarón NBC Drama Pilot ‘Believe’ Casts Co-Lead
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over