Chris Meledandri‘s Illumination Entertainment is working on a new animated version of Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas for Universal Pictures. Pete Candeland is set to direct with Meledandri producing. A writer has not yet been named. The Grinch‘s most recent screen appearance was Universal’s 2000 live-action version with Jim Carrey but Chuck Jones’ animated version from 1966 remains one of the most popular Seuss adaptations. The new version of The Grinch is Meledandri’s third Dr. Seuss project, and Illumination has developed a good relationship with Dr. Seuss author Theodor Geisel’s widow Audrey Geisel who will again serve as executive producer. Meledandri previously made Horton Hears A Who through Fox and Blue Sky Studios and The Lorax via Illumination for Universal.
Illumination’s Chris Meledandri To Re-Animate ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched